Diablo IV | OT |

Soldato
I'm up to level 35 now, sidetracked by side quests so only just started act 2. I'm a full ice sorcerer. I bought it on my Series X so I could play couch co op with my 2 boys like we did on Diablo 3. Unfortunately, only 2 players can play couch co op on this version, to say I was irritated when I found out at the weekend when we were all set to play is an understatement!

Associate
I’ve reached lvl 63 with my ice sorc. Having fun with the endgame content eg. Helltide events, nightmare dungeons etc but the level scaling mechanic does make it feel as if you aren’t getting stronger a lot of the time. There are a few “breakpoints” where the opposite is true eg. reaching WT3 and getting access to sacred items , unlocking legendary nodes on the paragon boards and powering up glyph sockets. Apparently though at lvl 70 ( the notional breakpoint for WT4 ) the monsters get a big boost relative to your character’s strength and you’ll spend the next 20 lvls playing catch up. Post lvl 90 monsters outstrip you again because at that stage you’re running out of meaningful paragon board upgrades. I hope at some point Blizzard addresses this problem and adopts a hybrid level scaling mechanic eg. monsters stop scaling beyond say lvl 80.

On a separate note, anyone tried party chat/grouping on console yet ? It’s quite slow and inefficient trying to “type” using a controller.

Last edited:
Soldato
Level 32. I don’t have the time these days to plough to end game in hours unfortunately.
Same. I play it when I can. My son has smashed through the campaign I think he’s level 48 or something. I’m just moving in to act 3 now and I love it. If you really focus on the graphic detail it’s amazing what they’ve done. The game is more Diablo 2 than 3 it’s a lot darker and less heavy metal.

As above the levelling seems a bit off like when you are at level 30 you melt everything but at 38 I am struggling again even with basic mobs. Not sure what’s going on there so hopefully they’ll tweak it going forward.

Associate
Level 49 Necromancer here with my boney buddies, done a load of side quests and public events. Now on act 4.

Lost connection for the first time just now and now in a 10 min queue.

Other than that. Loving it so far.

Associate
Level 14 Barbarian here, first time I've ever played a Diablo game, thoroughly enjoying it so far. Interesting build after reading a few articles, focus on crowd control and bleeding over time.

Working well so far I think but I've nothing to compare it against, I'll start another character at some point soon, can't get on tonight, error code 300202

Associate
Loving this on PS5 at the moment, I played D3 on PC and was going to automatically get this on PC again, but it plays so well on controller and much more comfortable on the sofa and OLED TV

Level 28 Rogue and its the most ive played a game in years.

Back
Top Bottom