• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

Caporegime
OP
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Caporegime
OP

YFLNThF.png

nLHAhD3.png

DLSS as per norm looking superior to native TAA :cool:

Man of Honour
DLAA would not be sharper since it doesn't use the image reconstruction part of DLSS, only the AA part at native res. DLSS is at a stage now where it can reconstruct details that /should/ be there but may even be missing at native res, or produce sharper details than DLAA since DLAA is just a more modern AA method to smooth out the jaggies, not make details sharper.

Edit*
In modern games I see zero reason to use DLAA when DLSS is also available. Yet to see any new game supporting both where DLAA is actually better.

Last edited:
Associate

I've updated all my games to use 3.7 and E preset now. I would say 2.5.1 is still great but where the later versions like 3.7 really shine is when using balanced and performance presets, it is far superior to 2.5.1 balanced and performance modes.

When even the folks on motionclarity and ****TAA sub reddits are praising how good this is, you know nvidia done well here :cry:

The one clear area where DLSS seems like black magic is foliage. Just play Forbidden West and DLSS vs FSR / TAA / XeSS is night and day. Zero shimmering on moving vegetation unlike the other solutions.

DLSS is so far ahead of the others, Nvidia is literally relying on it and RT to sell their cards.

Soldato
The one clear area where DLSS seems like black magic is foliage. Just play Forbidden West and DLSS vs FSR / TAA / XeSS is night and day. Zero shimmering on moving vegetation unlike the other solutions.

DLSS is so far ahead of the others, Nvidia is literally relying on it and RT to sell their cards.
Well, it managed to create its own ecosystem. And well deserved, too.

Soldato

I've played HFW on my 3080FE @ 1440P and cannot see any shimmering on FSR 2.2 or XeSS. They compare very well with DLSS. The only artifact I can see on FSR2.2 was ghosting on the flowing water.

Man of Honour
Horizon FW is a good example of DLSS vs native, it's basically identical if not bit more detail as already shown.

I actually tried out the new XeSS 1.3 dll file in the game too and compared directly against FSR 2.2 and DLSS 3.7 dll vs DLAA and TAA. All rendering modes have some particle ghosting to some degree, native rendering doesn't escape ghosting in this game, just watch some of those bugs fly past in the distance against foliage and you will see the trails in all rendering modes, but, DLSS/DLAA are the cleanest. XeSS is the noisiest, whilst FSR is the most fizzled.

It's most noticeable when you zoom in. XeSS has an overall noise character that resembles high-ISO noise on digital cameras, you just have to look at mid-distance green areas of grass to see this.

Associate
I've played HFW on my 3080FE @ 1440P and cannot see any shimmering on FSR 2.2 or XeSS. They compare very well with DLSS. The only artifact I can see on FSR2.2 was ghosting on the flowing water.
There is terrible shimmering on XeSS and FSR and I see this issue in all games, particularly those with foliage rendering FSR almost unusable in such titles. See below images. Intel just released XeSS 1.3 dll which has massively improved the shimmering and using this DLL in forbidden west massively reduces the shimmering to the point I found XeSS superior to FSR 2.2. Due to AMD's stupidity, they have made FSR non upgradable so even when they release FSR 3.1, its entirely up to Nixxes to implement it. Unlike XeSS and DLSS where we can mod in the new versions on Day 1.

Notice the shimmering and nosie on the moving foliage below? It was significantly worse than FSR on XeSS 1.2. XeSS 1.3 has cleaned it a lot and is superior to FSR 2.2. DLSS does not have this issue at all. Its entirely clean. In fact, if you set the render scale to 77% on DLSS using DLSS Tweaks, the image is superior to native TAA which also suffers from this issue.

XeSS 1.2

61-1712441546-1068506208.gif

XeSS 1.3

61-1712441651-590727111.gif

XeSS 1.2

61-1712493949-1216112195.gif

XeSS 1.3

61-1712494241-1425409695.gif

XeSS 1.2

61-1712491154-1298935486.gif

XeSS 1.3

61-1712491291-811875456.gif

Last edited:
Associate
Horizon FW is a good example of DLSS vs native, it's basically identical if not bit more detail as already shown.

I actually tried out the new XeSS 1.3 dll file in the game too and compared directly against FSR 2.2 and DLSS 3.7 dll vs DLAA and TAA. All rendering modes have some particle ghosting to some degree, native rendering doesn't escape ghosting in this game, just watch some of those bugs fly past in the distance against foliage and you will see the trails in all rendering modes, but, DLSS/DLAA are the cleanest. XeSS is the noisiest, whilst FSR is the most fizzled.

It's most noticeable when you zoom in. XeSS has an overall noise character that resembles high-ISO noise on digital cameras, you just have to look at mid-distance green areas of grass to see this.
You should try out Model E in Forbidden West using DLSS Tweaks. Nvidia have introduced this model to produce a very sharp output at the cost of some slight ghosting compared to Model D and C.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Even in terms of motion clarity, DLSS is the superior method, which is quite funny as people still complain about it being "blurry", it's probably less noticeable on LCD displays than oled since oleds pixel response is basically instant i.e. lcd masks the differences somewhat.

mx2SMh3.png

0kyAJPP.png

Associate
DLAA would not be sharper since it doesn't use the image reconstruction part of DLSS, only the AA part at native res. DLSS is at a stage now where it can reconstruct details that /should/ be there but may even be missing at native res, or produce sharper details than DLAA since DLAA is just a more modern AA method to smooth out the jaggies, not make details sharper.

Edit*
In modern games I see zero reason to use DLAA when DLSS is also available. Yet to see any new game supporting both where DLAA is actually better.
That's odd, I keep seeing that DLAA is just DLSS with the scale set to 1. DLAA is definitely sharper to my eyes when looking at those trees in the first image - though the trees aren't as good, which implies you are indeed correct.

Is there any way to run DLSS at native without using DSR to trick it?

Man of Honour
That's odd, I keep seeing that DLAA is just DLSS with the scale set to 1. DLAA is definitely sharper to my eyes when looking at those trees in the first image - though the trees aren't as good, which implies you are indeed correct.

Is there any way to run DLSS at native without using DSR to trick it?
By setting the render scale to 100%, which then disables the image reconstruction stage of the upscaling - But then you'd be in DLAA anyway as that's all DLAA is doing, enacting AI powered antialiasing at native res and since there is no upscaling, there is no image reconstruction. At least that is the running experience from old anyway.

Back
Top Bottom