E-Sims for travel

Soldato
I have been travelling for a few weeks in Asia (Korea/Japan/China), if anyone is looking for a global esim I just wanted to recommend Global YO (really not that well known). They offer 10Gb's for $10, and that is a global sim. It is well worth it if you are moving about.

Soldato
Checked their site but I can't see the 10gb for $10 deal? Assuming you mean world explorer, 10gb is $26.40.

They do seem cheaper at least compared to Airalo when comparing Hong Kong for example, but I found getting a local physical SIM in certain Asian countries to be even cheaper than eSIMs.

EDIT: A pop just appeared offering world explorer 101 10gb for $19.99. I guess it was a deal which changes around every now and then.

Last edited:
Soldato
Really good prices for their USA eSIMs compared with Airalo, although they’re only valid for 15 days vs 30. I don’t care though since I only go for 3-4 days at a time.

Soldato
OP
Dammit, they must have just changed it as I have been using multiple times on this trip (and others in Jan).

Looking at the app I can see the World Explorer 101 has 10Gb for $15.99, Europe Explorer - 10Gb for $8.99 and Asia Explorer $12.60 (all not as good obviously)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Dammit, they must have just changed it as I have been using multiple times on this trip (and others in Jan).

Looking at the app I can see the World Explorer 101 has 10Gb for $15.99, Europe Explorer - 10Gb for $8.99 and Asia Explorer $12.60 (all not as good obviously)

What's the catch?

World Explorer 10G Global for $16.
Morocco only 10G for $26.
Middle East (so it covers Morocco....even though it is in North Africa) 10G for $52.

That doesn't make sense.

Edit - Trust Pilot makes a grim read.

uKMNGlK.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well my review is, it was (and is) good - good value, fast and worked no problems.

I have used it in China, France, Thailand, Japan and Italy - 5G signal (data only of course).

I suspect they didn't follow the instructions and manually create the APN...

I also suspect reading those reviews, the customer service is poor if you encounter an issue (which I didnt).

Perhaps just pay using Google pay meaning you could get a refund from google if it came to that.

Last edited:
Soldato
We really should sticky an e-sim thread, there seems to be an abundance of them in this sub and the travel.

TLDR is -

Holafly only if you require unlimited data

Airalo much cheaper but capped data

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom