Soldato
It’s already clicked I think. I’m really enjoying just wandering around with torrent, taking in the sights, slaying the local bandits/monsters, and looting treasures. I mean yeah, the combat is challenging..but, I just took a step back, analyse the atrack patterns and play it more defensively. (Roll into attacks etc)

I might pick the dlc up. Depends how the rest of the game goes. Finding lots of hidden mini bosses (like the one behind the castle at the bottom of the weeping peninsula) rewarding to fight.

Soldato
Just about to get stuck in now. :D wish I had jumped in on this game sooner tbh.. oh well, i think demon souls will be next (remake)

Yup, ER is often the gateway into From catalogue for those who have stayed away and it's a good thing. DeS Remake is great but my favourites are still Sekiro and Bloodborne. The latter is pretty much the only game I can persevere 30fps for, one of the most atmospheric and complete experiences in gaming.

They'd make millions if they remade it.

And Sekiro is one of the most ferocious and thrilling combat experiences you can go through, worth it for that alone.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yup, ER is often the gateway into From catalogue for those who have stayed away and it's a good thing. DeS Remake is great but my favourites are still Sekiro and Bloodborne. The latter is pretty much the only game I can persevere 30fps for, one of the most atmospheric and complete experiences in gaming.

They'd make millions if they remade it.

And Sekiro is one of the most ferocious and thrilling combat experiences you can go through, worth it for that alone.
I’ve tried demons souls remake a couple of times but could never get into it. If blocking > attacking works the same as Elden ring.. I’ll pick it right up! I think what puts a fair few players off, might be lack of explanation on many important things, like your equip weight and poise etc. (it might be explained somewhere but I had to google that you can block attacks and counter with a heavy) there are deep mechanics at play here that can mean the difference of winning or losing.

I have bloodborne and dark souls 3 in my catalogue, but again, I never gave them a proper chance. Actually gundyr put me off DS3. :p don’t think I’ll try sekiro.. yet.

good work!

Thanks ! Just swept the legs. Got given a sword by Rogier that double attacks on the heavy button press!

Last edited:
Soldato
For me it is up there with the best games I've played. Downing some of the bosses felt like a real achievement, one that I haven't experienced since my heavy raiding days in wow in my mid 20's. Can't wait for the expansion, might even chuck in a week of work to play through it.

When I first bought it I got about as far as you are now and for some reason I dropped it off for 9 months or so, from then on I couldn't put it down until I'd explored and killed all of the main bosses.

Soldato
For me it is up there with the best games I've played. Downing some of the bosses felt like a real achievement, one that I haven't experienced since my heavy raiding days in wow in my mid 20's. Can't wait for the expansion, might even chuck in a week of work to play through it.

When I first bought it I got about as far as you are now and for some reason I dropped it off for 9 months or so, from then on I couldn't put it down until I'd explored and killed all of the main bosses.
I almost gave up, a few hours in! as I was getting swarmed a lot of the time by mobs. The trick really, is to get them one vs one, with a throwing knife or arrow rather than rushing in and getting swamped. I’ve put 21 hours in now and not dropping it any time soon. And I agree, killing some of these harder enemies feels like an achievement, proper smiled when I downed the tree sentinel!

Edit. What are the wondering mausoleum actually for? I got inside one but don’t understand what I’m doing g.

Last edited:
Soldato
For the main bosses you get remembrances (token) which you can trade at the round hold table for a choice of one of two weapons per boss. At the mausoleum you can duplicate the remembrance do you get both. But I think there’s more bosses that drop them than there are mausoleums to duplicate. You can only do one per mausoleum

Soldato
For the main bosses you get remembrances (token) which you can trade at the round hold table for a choice of one of two weapons per boss. At the mausoleum you can duplicate the remembrance do you get both. But I think there’s more bosses that drop them than there are mausoleums to duplicate. You can only do one per mausoleum
So can I safely pick up that item in the mausoleum and not mess anything up ? I don’t think I have any main boss weapons or armour yet ?

Soldato
It depends if you want both items from the boss, I’d be a bit cautious using them early on. Some good loot from the later bosses like radahn

Soldato
Ah I see. So I actually have to activate it in my inventory to use it. It won’t just auto use on pickup.

Edit. This is where I’m at now. Got some nice armour and found a decent ish sword

IMG-0933.jpg

Funnily enough, this sword is part of this armour set, and I stumbled upon it by chance. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Ah I see. So I actually have to activate it in my inventory to use it. It won’t just auto use on pickup.

Edit. This is where I’m at now. Got some nice armour and found a decent ish sword

IMG-0933.jpg

Funnily enough, this sword is part of this armour set, and I stumbled upon it by chance. :D
The remembrance tokens are basically just a large "soul" item.You can use them to level up at a grace site when you rest ( they can give 50K+ souls - but I wouldn't recommend using them for that purpose ) or trade them in with one of the crone vendors in the roundtable. She will offer you two possible item choices per remembrance. You can only select one, but if you use the wandering mausoleums to duplicate the remembrance token you could grab both items.

Soldato
The remembrance tokens are basically just a large "soul" item.You can use them to level up at a grace site when you rest ( they can give 50K+ souls - but I wouldn't recommend using them for that purpose ) or trade them in with one of the crone vendors in the roundtable. She will offer you two possible item choices per remembrance. You can only select one, but if you use the wandering mausoleums to duplicate the remembrance token you could grab both items.
That’s great. Thank you. I think I will hold on to them for now rather than trade them in for runes.

Just beat Renalla. It wasn’t difficult.. but there were some BS tactics there. The first phase had some sort of beam attack and falling chandeliers both of which were annoying. (And don’t get me started on the flying books :p) and that second phase with her summons.. literally as I entered the phase I sprinted toward her to avoid the beam attack and just stuck to her feet as much as I could. Phew. That’s enough for today.

Soldato
I mostly kept all of my remembrances too.

Figured they might come in handy in NG+ or something.

Re Renalla, super aggressive was the key for me. Didn’t give her time to summon and rolled into and under her second phase attacks. I struggled because I was being defensive but when I switched to aggressive I downed her 2nd phase before she summoned anything.

Soldato
I mostly kept all of my remembrances too.

Figured they might come in handy in NG+ or something.

Re Renalla, super aggressive was the key for me. Didn’t give her time to summon and rolled into and under her second phase attacks. I struggled because I was being defensive but when I switched to aggressive I downed her 2nd phase before she summoned anything.
Yep. Just went full on aggressive. Just swiping like a madman with my R1 attack while my wolves went mad. Strange that it didn’t have a site of grace nearer the door. (Running past the cannonball was the quickest route - the “shortcut” was a hassle with the mages) the only thing I’d change is the first phase. (Remove it for the further attempts. But eh is what it is)

Soldato
Yep. Just went full on aggressive. Just swiping like a madman with my R1 attack while my wolves went mad. Strange that it didn’t have a site of grace nearer the door. (Running past the cannonball was the quickest route - the “shortcut” was a hassle with the mages) the only thing I’d change is the first phase. (Remove it for the further attempts. But eh is what it is)

There’s a semi secret entry to the mages dropping the balls and they don’t respawn in death. Makes it far easier to get back to Rennala if you die fighting her.

Go left then immediately left and jump over the stone fence near the wall to your left in the garden. There’s a room with a mage looking out the window and a ladder, kill the mage, up the ladder and there are two more mages and a pumpkin head. If you have a bow with decent damage you can head snipe the two mages without aggroing the pumpkin head.

Soldato
There’s a semi secret entry to the mages dropping the balls and they don’t respawn in death. Makes it far easier to get back to Rennala if you die fighting her.

Go left then immediately left and jump over the stone fence near the wall to your left in the garden. There’s a room with a mage looking out the window and a ladder, kill the mage, up the ladder and there are two more mages and a pumpkin head. If you have a bow with decent damage you can head snipe the two mages without aggroing the pumpkin head.
Thanks for this. Will revisit now ! Felt like I haven’t found all the secrets in this castle.

Soldato
Just busted up radahn.

Not sure what to do next honestly. Rested and reset the castle which I’ve now cleared. Apart from the yellow fog door.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom