Ender 5 Pro Upgrade Thread.

Soldato
OP
it appears to work as intended, not had any issues with blockages etc but my extruder isn't able to push hard enough to really push it faster.

Soldato
OP
same here, kids etc printers in the loft which is cold and I dislike being cold.
I've decided to pickup the rails before the hotend as I can afford them sooner.
I'm also going to deviate from the endorphin3d setup so the rails are on the outside.

Associate
Well ive been trying the ender 5 out on dome prints and also the prusa slicer, all seems to be going well just need to work more to get the speed up now.

Prints all good but quite slow with default prusa settings.

Soldato
OP
Well ive been trying the ender 5 out on dome prints and also the prusa slicer, all seems to be going well just need to work more to get the speed up now.

Prints all good but quite slow with default prusa settings.
stick klipper on it. some rails and the endorphin mod. you'll get some better speeds. iirc prusa defaults to 40? default can do at least 80/100.

Soldato
OP
Rails Arrived!

opting for a partial move to rails currently, I'm doing the Y's while I consider the X options. also using these mounts rather than the endorphin ones as I'm not 100% sold.
also because it'll be quicker.

Soldato
OP
Depending on the length of the rails you have I'd really recommend doing the Zero G Mercury. I converted my ender 5 over a year ago and it's awesome, quite the change from original.
looking at the rest of the bits for zero G it's something I'd love to do but realistically it's a lot more involved than the endorphin mod.

rails installed, endorphin calls for MGN9 for the X carriage but I'm not sold on it. it's lighter but the rail doesn't fit nicely (the 2020 gap causes it to twist. I've printed a support which may help. we'll see.)

I've yet to decide on what to do for the extruder. I may wait till revo roto comes back in stock and pick that up.

Associate
i ordered them from amazon .. just arrived today
not sure if i can connect both to PI?
KP7AM0H.jpg

Associate
they sold 2 in a pack .. my mate is taking the other one..
I just wanted to say thank you for encouraging me..
done it yesterday prints look much nicer
but my blower part cooling fan is dying.. I was already a bit ****** but i think vibration from the calibration might have done it

CQoQB2y.png

nYZb1zV.png

Soldato
OP
so, new post rails and new cooling ducts here's my resonances -

not sure why mines an order of magnitude more? or am I reading it wrong?
though the acceleration is WAY higher?

Last edited:
Associate
that's an odd peak at 125 lol, what's going on there?
Have no idea.. But all of my ringing and ghost is gone now
so, new post rails and new cooling ducts here's my resonances -

not sure why mines an order of magnitude more? or am I reading it wrong?
though the acceleration is WAY higher?
Hmm it resonates at such high frequency? Hmm have compared this to other printers?
Mine is a bed slinger maybe that is the difference

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
yeah I'm not sure what's causing that. going to give it another test tomorrow and see what comes back. I think it could be where it's mounted that's causing the issue.

Back
Top Bottom