England squad announcement

Associate
Expect the same losers to be picked to start at this tournament that lost at the last one. snooze fest ;)

(yes I know that's harsh.. but we have some very exciting young players that even if they get in the squad won't get a game over the same tired old players .. it's very frustrating!! )

fez

fez

Caporegime
Expect the same losers to be picked to start at this tournament that lost at the last one. snooze fest ;)

(yes I know that's harsh.. but we have some very exciting young players that even if they get in the squad won't get a game over the same tired old players .. it's very frustrating!! )

You're talking about young Jesse Lingard aren't you

Soldato
Southgate logic:

• pick Luke Shaw because he scored a goal in a final.
  • pick Jordan Henderson because he wears rainbow laces.
  • pick Harry Maguire because I love him tbh.
  • pick Marcus Rashford because he gets his head down and works hard to run into defenders, it's a age old technique that pays off 1 time out of every 100 attempts, those odds are poetic like my waistcoat.
  • pick Jordan Pickford because he's the smallest goalkeeper with the biggest gob I have available.
  • pick Phil Foden, Jude Bellingham, Harry Kane and Bukayo Saka because they are clearly top class players that I will have to protect and use sparingly, or work out tactical systems that fully negate their strengths. This is a challenge I relish.

Associate
Southgate logic:

• pick Luke Shaw because he scored a goal in a final.
  • pick Jordan Henderson because he wears rainbow laces.
  • pick Harry Maguire because I love him tbh.
  • pick Marcus Rashford because he gets his head down and works hard to run into defenders, it's a age old technique that pays off 1 time out of every 100 attempts, those odds are poetic like my waistcoat.
  • pick Jordan Pickford because he's the smallest goalkeeper with the biggest gob I have available.
  • pick Phil Foden, Jude Bellingham, Harry Kane and Bukayo Saka because they are clearly top class players that I will have to protect and use sparingly, or work out tactical systems that fully negate their strengths. This is a challenge I relish.

No faith in Southgate then? Pep should have come on as an advisor for the summer or at least Mic him up to tell Southgate what to do with all the talent he could use properly.

Soldato
No faith in Southgate then? Pep should have come on as an advisor for the summer or at least Mic him up to tell Southgate what to do with all the talent he could use properly.

Non at all, but I'll still cheer the team on. Given up long ago on any hope of success so while disappointed in '18 and '21 it was nothing compared to the heartbreak I felt as a kid in '96 or '98.

Associate
You aren't the only one! Clutching on Kane having played in Germany and will treat the stadiums as home. I know very wishful thinking over the -ve tactics and squad choices incoming.

Soldato
So far, pretty hard to criticise Southgate. Taken some big decisions and very much looking to the future, from first impressions

Edit: although no word yet on Elliot, I think? Would be very disappointed if he misses out

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
So far, pretty hard to criticise Southgate. Taken some big decisions and very much looking to the future, from first impressions

Edit: although no word yet on Elliot, I think? Would be very disappointed if he misses out

Now he just needs to drop himself and it will have been an all around success!

Soldato

Indeed. Just a shame he wasn't as brave much earlier on.

Some of the uncapped players being mentioned should have been given game time already

Back
Top Bottom