Escape from Tarkov

Associate
Im just glad me and my mates all smashed it when it first came out, it was jank (still is tbh) but nowhere near popular enough to attract lots of cheaters etc

Once all the streamers discovered it things went downhill quick

Soldato
They a new game addition called Unheard Addition which once purchased allows players to play solo/ coop with progression.

That's great news; however, the cheeky rascals are asking for an additional €115 euros for EOD players.

I'll stick to SPT, but it would be nice to play duos somehow.

Lucky you! I have Standard I'm seeing a €198 upgrade! Spending that amount for this will not be happening anytime soon, if ever.

Soldato
You're a bit of a tool if you upgrade or buy the new pack. It's just you approving this ****** behaviour. I was bit with Star citizen in the original crowd funding stage and as anTarkov EOD account holder i sure as **** wont be upgrading.

Last edited:
Soldato
sounds awesome

I would love
  • Access to PvE co-op mode with persistent progression. Progression will not be reset with wipes.
that sounds exactly what I need - no crazy instant deaths from suspicious players, no cheaters, no chads running my day when I don't have time to play hundreds of hours to GET GOOD

I will pay £10 (max £20 if you are being greedy)

Soldato
I don't think it's even the "cost" that's the main issue here (whilst that's still a ludicrous price)

The main issue most people have is the fact that the EOD version clearly stated that you would get ALL future DLC content - that was the whole point of upgrading to the "top" level of the purchase at that time. Now they've totally pulled the rug on that.

Then the stupid additional extra's such as large "pockets", the radio that stops scavs shooting at your over 60m away etc.... It's ridiculous. I've no idea who even thought this was a good idea.....

• Unique radio-electronic item "Mark of The Unheard":
    • The item is equipped in the special slot;
    • The item gives a 50% discount when using cash services in raids;
    • Insured equipment returns 30% faster;
    • With 6+ Fence reputation, Scavs won’t shoot first at ranges over 60 meters away.
  • Will be available with future updates:
  • Ability to build a unique zone in the Hideout;
  • Unique item "Distress signal device":
    • When the item is activated, it produces a bright flash as well as a loud sound signal;
    • Once activated, all players on your friends list will receive a notification that they can join your raid to help you.

That's the crazy stuff that's annoyed people the most - it's giving players who "pay" more an advantage in the game....

I've got more than my moneys worth out of it (lvl 56 this wipe) - but this has left a very sour taste for me. I think there is a huge backlash coming here.

Associate
I don't think it's even the "cost" that's the main issue here (whilst that's still a ludicrous price)

The main issue most people have is the fact that the EOD version clearly stated that you would get ALL future DLC content - that was the whole point of upgrading to the "top" level of the purchase at that time. Now they've totally pulled the rug on that.

Then the stupid additional extra's such as large "pockets", the radio that stops scavs shooting at your over 60m away etc.... It's ridiculous. I've no idea who even thought this was a good idea.....

That's the crazy stuff that's annoyed people the most - it's giving players who "pay" more an advantage in the game....

I've got more than my moneys worth out of it (lvl 56 this wipe) - but this has left a very sour taste for me. I think there is a huge backlash coming here.

Couldn't agree more.

Although not being sniped by a buckshot scav from a mile away is quite appealing, what they have done is dumbfounding and they are being shredded in every media platform going.

Soldato
BSG even got caught last night editing the website/descriptions of DLC/EOD live on stream.... Changing the writing in some of the old webpages etc.

Soldato
Nikita has posted

Hello, Tarkov citizens!

To honor the owners of the EOD version and their indelible importance and role in the EFT universe, we plan to add the following new unique features to the EOD edition:

• Faster return of insured items
  • Increased personal trader buying limits by 20%
  • Increased basic PMC karma (when it will be implemented)
  • Access to unique hideout craft
  • Increased basic charisma skill
  • Special quest line with increased pockets side as a reward
  • Ability to skip 2 daily quests per day free of charge
  • Unique dog tag
  • Unique armband
  • Unique set of clothing
  • Unique “Legacy” device
  • High priority matching for EOD owners for 6 months
  • Access to offline PVE for EOD owners for 6 months
We will provide those changes and additions as fast as possible.

Temporary access to PVE will be provided as soon as we will reinforce server infrastructure of that particular gamemode for a wider audience, because we use totally different servers for that and now there is a really limited amount of them.

Thank you!
Take care,
dev team

Soldato
Easy fix - Take out the stupid Radio that stops scavs shooting you. Take out the Beacon where you can call in friends.

Apologies to the masses - Offer PvE as DLC (as promised to all EOD players) - Move forward.

However - they NEED money - it's clear as day that's what this is all about. Nikita has said as much that you can't expect to pay for something 5/6 years ago and see it improved/become something else along the way.

Associate
aside from adding more stuff to the game and not allowing your most supportive customers access without paying even more than their already hefty purchase.
i find tarkov to be a bit of a weird one in terms of pay to win.

what with the regular wipes, and everything sort of balancing out in the later stages of a wipe.
i suppose any sort of advantages to get through a raid should be classed as a pay to win model. in which case this game is heavily modelled towards.

the game is now 250 euro plus tax. with the option of having it stripped down for less cost.
absolutely love the game. but am in no mood to play it.

Back
Top Bottom