European/World Football Leagues 2023-24 (aka Kane/Jude/Sancho Goal Watch)

Man of Honour
Incredible to see Leverkusen finally win the title; they have been no-where for a long time.
That said I almost expect them to be hovering about 7th by next Christmas and Alonso sacked; there's no sentimentality when it comes to sacking a manager in German football

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's embarrassing really, but it just sums up this country and how we act towards our own players.
The germans even have a word for this sort of thing, Schadenfreude. Part of it I think is the whole "Spursy" trope rubbing off on him, he's heavily associated with them so people love a bit of banter at their/his expense especially if they support Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham etc.
edit: but yes, build them up to knock them down has been part of English football and especially the gutter press as long as I can remember. People have head comedy headlines forcefed them for so long, and now it's internet memes, we are sort of indoctrinated in the art of laughing at whatever misfortune has befallen our players.
Hes on track to score the most BL goals in a single season
Not really, he's 9 goals behind the record and has maximum 5 matches left assuming he doesn't get injured/suspended/benched (if they get past Arsenal, maybe not implausible they would rest him in a match ahead of Champions League now the title is gone?), so his current scoring rate simply isn't good enough. Not all of his opponents will be pushovers either, eg Bayern still have to go to Stuttgart who are level on points with them and have a better defensive record, are in better form currently etc. I'm not saying he can't break the record, but I wouldn't say he was on track.

Last edited:
Caporegime
ZitdkmY.png

Back
Top Bottom