** Fallout 4 Next Gen 2024 - MODS & TWEAKS **

Soldato
I'm thinking of giving another playthough of FO4 (and maybe Skyrim), haven't played since launch and I've come across the Wabbajack application that is pretty cool, what would you guys say is best Vanilla+ modlist or am I better of doing it the old fashion way?

Soldato
I'm thinking of giving another playthough of FO4 (and maybe Skyrim), haven't played since launch and I've come across the Wabbajack application that is pretty cool, what would you guys say is best Vanilla+ modlist or am I better of doing it the old fashion way?
That's a difficult one....

I don't know if I would want to use WJ and a modlist of someone's design over that of Votex or MO...?
Especially since the game is somewhat between the old and new gen, with some mods being an issue and others adapted.
I would prefer to make my own list of known working mods with the NG patches.

I am, up to now, happy enough with the mods I'm using, especially the texture ones.
Then again I really like the settlement bots that can be seen under the NPC section.
Take a look at my modlist and it really adds and adapts, rather than significantly changes from the vanilla game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some more "useful" mods I have added....

This one seems reasonable, especially if you have been bottled, lol.......

BUT, consider this one as an alternative....

Last edited:
Associate
Right, I followed your list Mr Vimes. It seems to have booted up and is playing fine... let's have a proper go.
Just following Preston back to Sanctuary. Hopefully he'll be pleased by all the things I'll build him.

Edit 1:Hmm, I have some weird holes in the road in sanctuary. Possibly a load order problem. Nothing I can't work round but looks weird.
Edit 2: Yup, that fixed it. nice :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Right, I followed your list Mr Vimes. It seems to have booted up and is playing fine... let's have a proper go.
Just following Preston back to Sanctuary. Hopefully he'll be pleased by all the things I'll build him.

Edit 1:Hmm, I have some weird holes in the road in sanctuary. Possibly a load order problem. Nothing I can't work round but looks weird.
Edit 2: Yup, that fixed it. nice :)

To go with my list is a degree of understanding about the order, which you seemed to have worked out, and a reckoning if some / all of them are what you would want from the game. Like the...
The Rebuild Collection - AIO
The Rebuild Collection - AIO - No Repair
..........and so on.

I used LOOT to help with the order but always keeping the previs.esp file at the very end of the load order....

order.png

larger image

Merged-document.png

larger image

you can see the previs file at the very bottom, locked into that position.

good luck and glad that it is working for you.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's a difficult one....

I don't know if I would want to use WJ and a modlist of someone's design over that of Votex or MO...?
Especially since the game is somewhat between the old and new gen, with some mods being an issue and others adapted.
I would prefer to make my own list of known working mods with the NG patches.

I am, up to now, happy enough with the mods I'm using, especially the texture ones.
Then again I really like the settlement bots that can be seen under the NPC section.
Take a look at my modlist and it really adds and adapts, rather than significantly changes from the vanilla game.
Thank you mate, I'll take a look over it, I'm not gonna be playing it just yet got few other things to play first but just good to know what direction to go i guess

Associate
I used LOOT to help with the order but always keeping the previs.esp file at the very end of the load order....

good luck and glad that it is working for you.
I started off trying LOOT but it kept erroring so gave up. I just followed the vague order you had (the numbering, not the MO2 list)

No idea what the previs file does but everything is working fine so far so loath to mess with it.
I did pick and choose the mods I wanted.

Soldato
I started off trying LOOT but it kept erroring so gave up. I just followed the vague order you had (the numbering, not the MO2 list)

No idea what the previs file does but everything is working fine so far so loath to mess with it.
I did pick and choose the mods I wanted.

Well done, good success. LOOT still works but can't access the new type of compression on the BA2 files, or something like that.
A couple of times I have noted flashing textures within Sanctuary, to find that the previs files has worked its way up the order of loading, rather than being on the bottom. On the mod page it does go into detail as to why its needed on the bottom.

I really need to stop looking at mods now, they really are growing faster than my progress is with the game..!

Back
Top Bottom