Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Soldato
Haven't played much yet but I really like the progression system in HW, reminds me of Blizzard Mountain at a glance.

That's something the series should absolutely employ along with other tweaks, there's so much that could be done to create a meaningful progression system without being bombarded by prizes every 5 mins and not having to work for any of it.

I hope H6 is in for a major rework because I have a bad feeling about Solar Crown (as much as I'd like to be wrong).

Soldato
looks like they've reset the manufactures bonues, i just redeemed a load of cars (that i already had but w/e) and wheelspins/supers. I shot up about 300 levels in Horizon open as well so i'm guessing they fixed something lol.

What do you mean by redeemed a load of cars, might be a daft question..

Associate
Hi folks,
Where is the best/cheapest place to buy Forza Horizon 5= for PC, win 10.
As for Xbox game pass, hmmm.... not bothered about doing that. Tried it previously but really do not want to subscribe.

Caporegime
Hi folks,
Where is the best/cheapest place to buy Forza Horizon 5= for PC, win 10.
As for Xbox game pass, hmmm.... not bothered about doing that. Tried it previously but really do not want to subscribe.
Shame as the price difference can't be too much. Think I paid a little over £40 for 2 years of GMU, which is about the same price as FH5. You could try G2A or Gamer's Outlet for a key.

Associate
Shame as the price difference can't be too much. Think I paid a little over £40 for 2 years of GMU, which is about the same price as FH5. You could try G2A or Gamer's Outlet for a key.

Thanks. I bit the bullet and got it from Microsoft app store for £43.99 just a few minutes ago.
The cd key sellers sites had so many options regards countries, platforms, editions, vague descriptions as to whether it was a full game or just DLC I was getting a bit stressed trying to figure out if I was buying the right edition for my pc. I decided the hassle and risk of trying to return a failed key, or one I had mistakenly bought just wasn't worth the saving vs the risk.
In the end going straight to Microsoft app store just seemed simpler, reliable and stress free.

It's the most I have ever paid for a bit of software. Usually get bored with games after a month or so. Therefore tried to reduce my spending on it. But FH4 kept up the interest for me and my missus for a good couple of months. Hopefully this will do as well, if not longer.

Soldato
I'm trying to get my Logitech G25 wheel working, it just doesn't feel right on the steering, what settings are recommended? What should I set in Logitech CP 360 or 900? And within Forza 4 and Forza 5? Is it possible these new games don't have profiles built into the game for full support?

Associate
Don't bother with this one. FH5 is a waste of ~100GB disk space.

FH5 is rather special child. Not because it's a blatant cash grab, i.e. it's FH4 with a new map and some questionable and unwanted social aspects, but because it's a lazy work from home product. Yep, the this game was mainly developed throughout the COVID lockdowns. If you've ever played this game and were wondering why you didn't "connect" or "gel" with it, it's because there was no real people interaction going on during it's lifecycle due to working from home. Yes everyone involved in development would have had to dial into boring Teams meetings remotely, but really why would anyone be bothered if they were sitting in their PJs, watching movies whilst pretending to work? God knows how much slacking off work they did during lockdowns given that 95% of the game was already there in the form of FH4.

Associate
For me, the best racing games I've played are Metropolis Street Racer (Dreamcast), and Project Gotham Racing 1 and 2 (OG Xbox). Even Crazy Taxi (Dreamcast) is a more fun and competent "racing game" than the Forza Horizon series, and that's saying something.

Associate
My only gripe is that there is no real simple system to set up a couple of races with some friends without having to resort to blueprints or literally drive to the track you want to race and initiate a PvP race.

Even FH4 let you select a few tracks under 'Custom' racing or whatever it was called.

Soldato
I keep trying to get into this game but I've never made it past a couple of hours, and then I've removed from the PC...
I've never played any of the previous Horizon games, but have always thought they looked good.
I start the game and it just feels a bit obnoxious. Maybe I'm just too old and grumpy for this style of game, but everything seems in your face with comedy fake attitude. The DJ's/people talking about the festival are way past levels of cringe that I can tolerate.
The actual gameplay feels good, but then I wonder why I'm playing because they've already given me very good cars from the get go. Reading around, it seems like many are left disappointed with the progression system.

Is this just maybe an an early game hump, that goes away after a few solid hours grinding? Or have I fully turned into Scrooge? :D

Associate
I keep trying to get into this game but I've never made it past a couple of hours, and then I've removed from the PC...
I've never played any of the previous Horizon games, but have always thought they looked good.
I start the game and it just feels a bit obnoxious. Maybe I'm just too old and grumpy for this style of game, but everything seems in your face with comedy fake attitude. The DJ's/people talking about the festival are way past levels of cringe that I can tolerate.
The actual gameplay feels good, but then I wonder why I'm playing because they've already given me very good cars from the get go. Reading around, it seems like many are left disappointed with the progression system.

Is this just maybe an an early game hump, that goes away after a few solid hours grinding? Or have I fully turned into Scrooge? :D
In truth, it's just a dumbed down game designed for kids. It's not a racing game at all, nor is it a driving game. It's some pretty scenery, albeit boring in the case of FH5, with some pretty looking cars. For me, the actual driving mechanics and physics are non-existent; there is no 'feel' for the car, it seems like your car is hovering on air.

Forza Horizon is done. It was finished years ago. Bringing back Project Gotham Racing would be the best thing Microsoft could do, although it wouldn't be the same as Bizarre Creations are long gone.

Soldato
Well I've racked up over 600 hours! Lol
Once you get into the game proper, as in finished the story missions and onto the hall of fame you don't really get much of the commentary that a lot of people dislike.

I like it, I like need for speed games too though.. I find racing sims too dry and one dimensional.

Soldato
In truth, it's just a dumbed down game designed for kids. It's not a racing game at all, nor is it a driving game. It's some pretty scenery, albeit boring in the case of FH5, with some pretty looking cars. For me, the actual driving mechanics and physics are non-existent; there is no 'feel' for the car, it seems like your car is hovering on air.

Forza Horizon is done. It was finished years ago. Bringing back Project Gotham Racing would be the best thing Microsoft could do, although it wouldn't be the same as Bizarre Creations are long gone.
Yeah, we know you don't like it.

Soldato

Understandable, TBH. I also think the atmosphere is really naff and the progression system needs a lot of work but it's still a very good looking and pretty fun racer that you can enjoy in short bursts. As I've said, they need to make the game more grounded and revamp the formula as the series has gotten really stale now.

Hot Wheels is surprisingly good in this, though.

Back
Top Bottom