Fuji X Series

Soldato
I agree. When I saw the price this morning the first thought I had was “who would buy this over an X-T5”.
Coincidentally, I see the Lumix S5ii is on sale at Amazon for £1549 with the 50mm f1.8. It’s an almost tempting proposition for a dabble into full frame.
Further still, my local WEX has a GFX 50s in stock for £1399 :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
X-S20...can be had £1k, main difference would be the sensor isn't 40mp, with customisable film sim dial, a little larger (with the grip mostly). £300 more for XT50 basically for the sensor and new AF.

It makes the X-S10 a good value still, they are like £600 used. Half the price of a new X-T50.
Fujifilm Refurbished store had the XS10 for £699.99 recently too.
I agree. When I saw the price this morning the first thought I had was “who would buy this over an X-T5”.
Coincidentally, I see the Lumix S5ii is on sale at Amazon for £1549 with the 50mm f1.8. It’s an almost tempting proposition for a dabble into full frame.
Further still, my local WEX has a GFX 50s in stock for £1399 :eek:

If I wasn't saving up for a new telephoto lens,that GFX50s would be very tempting! But I have too many cameras as it is!

Soldato
If I wasn't saving up for a new telephoto lens,that GFX50s would be very tempting! But I have too many cameras as it is!
It really is. Although I’m just not sure if it’s really worth it in the long term. It’s a little old in the tooth now and the mark II can be had for as little as £1999 which is smaller, lighter and has IBIS.
The original 50s would be a great intro to medium format but I’m just wary that the the older sensor/processor and AF would start to grate after a while especially for someone like me who uses the X-H2s on a daily basis.

Soldato
Just got really excited to hear about the XT50 then saw the price... what on earth... why wouldn't you just buy the XT5?

Couldn't be happier with my X-T30 II but I wish it had IBIS, much prefer smaller size to the XT5 but I feel like I would be utterly bonkers to buy the XT50 for that price.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yea seems like they are trying to entice potential X100VI customers to an interchangeable lens option.

Most would be better off with the X-T5 though. The film sim dial is a massive turn off, what a waste.

Soldato
How is it so expensive? I just looked and I paid £799 for my X-T30 II around 18 months ago. That’s crazy inflation.

Also if I do consider going down this road I have a question some of you might have the answer to. The video on the X-T30 II is fine on tripod but unusable for hand held. Is the IBIS as good as using an iPhone? I can walk around with my iPhone 15 Pro and the footage genuinely looks like it was shot on a steady cam… just how good is IBIS by comparison…. good enough to replace the phone?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
How is it so expensive? I just looked and I paid £799 for my X-T30 II around 18 months ago. That’s crazy inflation.

New X-T30 II for 699 currently as well

Caporegime

Also if I do consider going down this road I have a question some of you might have the answer to. The video on the X-T30 II is fine on tripod but unusable for hand held. Is the IBIS as good as using an iPhone? I can walk around with my iPhone 15 Pro and the footage genuinely looks like it was shot on a steady cam… just how good is IBIS by comparison…. good enough to replace the phone?

It’s hard to beat the IBIS in the iPhone, as that does more than physical IBIS, there’s a lot of software going on, with a smaller sensor it is also easier to do.

Soldato
New X-T30 II for 699 currently as well

Clifton Cameras also has the Fujifilm XF 70-300mm f4-5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens for £599 after cashback too:

A few other deals on third party and original W235 batteries too:

Last edited:
Reactions: LiE

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Managed to do a deal on eBay with a seller to buy a silver X100VI for £1740 (used a work perk to reduce it by £75), so £140 over RRP but does include some accessories. Assuming its mint as described I’ll be moving my X100V on.

Ever since dabbling with the X-T5 I’ve wanted IBIS and the new sensor/processor.

Back
Top Bottom