Gaming Mouse for Large Hands

Soldato
I have a rather old Corsair M65 mouse but its suffered the usual middle mouse button failure which seems to plague these mice so need a replacement.

Having rather large hands (24cm span) I am looking for something that will be comfortable and also have some programmable buttons (not needing lots, just 4-5 over and above the standard 3 buttons - left/right/middle)

I did start looking at the Corsair Ironclaw but it appears that, from reading around, these also suffer from the scroll wheel issues :(

Anyone got ideas of something similar to that but reliable?

Soldato
I'm not a huge fan of turtle beach so... their aquisition of roccat wasn't something I was thrilled about but... gave them a(nother) chance.

I've had a BUTTLOAD of mice. Probably 10/15+ in the last decade or so. The Roccat Kone XP (or XP air if you must have wireless) MIGHT just fit the bill.
Has a couple of extra buttons (like the G700/G502, 4 on the side 2 along the left mouse). Has better switches (keeping the Roccat thing of their hardware generally being awesome). The software side of things is VASTLY improved since TB took over too.

The "shift" key thing was something I thought was going to be super gimmicky that I'd ignore but it's got exactly the right feel to it. You might never need more than the extra 4 buttons it's got without but I've found it quite handy to have "weird macro stuff" on slightly more convoluted button combo's.

So.. maybe worth a look. I don't usually do the "buy what I've got!!" thing but I'm probably, after a lot of looking on my ideal mouse.

21cm span too so... not quite giant hands but not too dinky either :p

It's about as big as G700 but a bit less lumpy.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm not a huge fan of turtle beach so... their aquisition of roccat wasn't something I was thrilled about but... gave them a(nother) chance.

I've had a BUTTLOAD of mice. Probably 10/15+ in the last decade or so. The Roccat Kone XP (or XP air if you must have wireless) MIGHT just fit the bill.
Has a couple of extra buttons (like the G700/G502). Has better switches (keeping the Roccat thing of their hardware generally being awesome). The software side of things is VASTLY improved since TB took over too.

So.. maybe worth a look. I don't usually do the "buy what I've got!!" thing but I'm probably, after a lot of looking on my ideal mouse.

I'll have a look and see if they do a non-RGB version as well... I dont mind RGB but its a bit OTT on a mouse for me :)

Soldato
I'll have a look and see if they do a non-RGB version as well... I dont mind RGB but its a bit OTT on a mouse for me :)
Case IS see through but it turns off :)
Mines on a relatively pleasant "flavours of orange".

I get the annoyance at paying for OTT RGB that won't be a personal plus but it genuinely wasn't something I was "going for" and wouldn't have been disappointed without it for the price.

Soldato
OP
Case IS see through but it turns off :)
Mines on a relatively pleasant "flavours of orange".

I get the annoyance at paying for OTT RGB that won't be a personal plus but it genuinely wasn't something I was "going for" and wouldn't have been disappointed without it for the price.

TBH, I had a quick look and I like the 4 thumb button arrangement on there which would be good for some games I have.... I actually like my Corsair M65 but the problems with their middle mouse button are just annoying now (I do use it quite a bit)

Associate
My hands are about the same size as yours and I'm a XXL in racing gloves. I really like my Logitech G Pro Wireless, though it's probably more of a claw grip mouse with larger hands. I find my friend's Razer Basilisk pretty comfy too, but that's very much a palm grip mouse. The Deathadder is also comfy for those with fists of ham from what I remember trying out a range of mice in a shop.

Associate

@Mercutio This looks like a good fit for my hand as well, tempted to get one.

Does the mouse remember software settings when it's unplugged and plugged into a PC without the software? E.g. a Linux PC.

Soldato
@Mercutio This looks like a good fit for my hand as well, tempted to get one.

Does the mouse remember software settings when it's unplugged and plugged into a PC without the software? E.g. a Linux PC.

Looks to be 5 onboard profiles so it SHOULD keep settings. Only used with the 1 windows machine at the moment but yeah, onboard should do what you're after.

Caporegime
TBH, I had a quick look and I like the 4 thumb button arrangement on there which would be good for some games I have.... I actually like my Corsair M65 but the problems with their middle mouse button are just annoying now (I do use it quite a bit)
I had 2 M65's in a row. Really good when they work but they both suffered with multiple clicks on LMB. Sadly moved on to a Glorious model D.

Associate
This post caused me to go measure my hand span :cry:. Also 24cm.

I use the Red Dragon M811 Pro RGB mouse. Pretty good with 10 side buttons and quite large. Only cost £35 and at 18 months has outlasted all of the previous expensive Logitech mice I have had in the past which tend to develop the double click issue after around 12 months due to poor quality switches Logitech use.

Last edited:
Soldato
The mouse buttons failing happens on all of them now. It's because they use crappy Chinese micro switches, instead of Japanese ones like in the old days.

Even the expensive ones don't last, so don't waste your money tbh.

Soldato
Still don't think mice get any better than the G403/G703 shape for large hands but it's such personal preference and the G703 especially is pretty heavy by todays standards. Still waiting for that mouse to get the superlight treatment. The G Pro wireless is smaller but it's so light and generally 'safe' that almost anyone can make it work.

Soldato
The mouse buttons failing happens on all of them now. It's because they use crappy Chinese micro switches, instead of Japanese ones like in the old days.

Even the expensive ones don't last, so don't waste your money tbh.
Am on my fourth G903 (Or i should say one G900 & Three G903) due to the buttons failing
But i love these mice so i just keep buying them ;)

And by the time the buttons fail the mouse has normally started to get a little tatty

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom