Garden hose connectors, how hard can it be???

Associate
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
Ok, looking for green fingered experts to help me as I'm probably using the wrong search terms.

I've got lots of these things around the garden with the male quick connectors and I need a way to couple them.

So for example, I've got two vegepods with hoses sticking out with male connector ends. I can click the hose onto one and the sprinklers turn on, then click to the second and the same.

But I want to have both on in one go.

So the ideal would be to have a one to three connector that had a male end to connect to the hose, then three female ends to connect the two beds and a spare and I could do everything I'm one go...

But I cannot find anything?!?

I thought at least there'd be simple things like female to female tee couplers, but I can't find them anywhere.

So how the heck do I join hose bits together!!

Soldato
Search for:
HOZELOCK - Multi-Tap Connector 4-Way Watering

Aqualin New 4-Way Water Splitter Y Connector

Change your hose end adaptor from male to female or just use some more lengths of hose to go from the splitter to each hose you want to supply.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Search for:
HOZELOCK - Multi-Tap Connector 4-Way Watering

Aqualin New 4-Way Water Splitter Y Connector

Change your hose end adaptor from male to female or just use some more lengths of hose to go from the splitter to each hose you want to supply.
Yes, I actually have that Hozelock one already - but it's all male!!? Is there not such a thing as a female to female coupler, rather than having to cut up 4-5 lengths of hose and then get two hose couplers for each?!

Associate
OP
Well that's the challenge - my Vegepod hoses have come with two male connectors...! The ends are fitted to it, so it's not that easy. Likewise the Hozelock multiconnector listed above only has male connectors!

I guess I'll need to just make a pile of short female to female connectors manually then!

Soldato
This would seem the best way. Male ends on a hose is weird, I don't think I've ever seen that, how are they attached?
They just screw tight on the hose like the female ones? Generally the order of connectors is Male > Female i.e. the tap (or multiconnector) has a male connector that connects to a female connector on the hose which has a male connector on the other end which connects to... a female connector on the hose gun/sprinkler. If you want to connect two hoses and only have a female-female on each end you use a male-male connector to bridge the two.

Last edited:

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Well that's the challenge - my Vegepod hoses have come with two male connectors...! The ends are fitted to it, so it's not that easy. Likewise the Hozelock multiconnector listed above only has male connectors!

I guess I'll need to just make a pile of short female to female connectors manually then!
As someone already said - why not just replace the male connectors with female connectors unless thats not possible.

Soldato
They just screw tight on the hose like the female ones? Generally the order of connectors is Male > Female i.e. the tap (or multiconnector) has a male connector that connects to a female connector on the hose which has a male connector on the other end which connects to... a female connector on the hose gun/sprinkler. If you want to connect two hoses and only have a female-female on each end you use a male-male connector to bridge the two.

That's not right? All accessories I've seen are male ended.

Hose is normally two female ends.

Soldato
All these talk of male and female ends :o right up @{SAS}TB's street!

Have a look on eBay, there seem to be quite aa few different connectors on there, unsure about the quality, mind.

Could you make your own manifold/4 way connector cutting up a single hose and using these:

Actually!! Does this seller have what you're looking for? They seem to have everything:

Image/item no.37?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
All these talk of male and female ends :o right up @{SAS}TB's street!

Have a look on eBay, there seem to be quite aa few different connectors on there, unsure about the quality, mind.

Could you make your own manifold/4 way connector cutting up a single hose and using these:

Actually!! Does this seller have what you're looking for? They seem to have everything:

Image/item no.37?
Oooh! You've got me excited whilst I'm frying my chilli beef!! I'm gonna look at this tonight!!!

Associate
OP
Is 37 not two males again??

If you look at the mister hose on this:

You'll see it has a male end. I have two of these vegepods right next to each other, so the ideal solution is a t piece with two female connectors and one male end and connect it up to the three hoses.

But it appears I need to get two pieces of hose, four female connectors, then connect to a three way male piece, then connect that to my hose...
just seems mad to me!

Soldato

S-l1600.webp

@katie279
If I'm looking at the above image right, can't you remove one of the female connectors from the 3-way male connector to achieve what you want?

Soldato
Is 37 not two males again??

If you look at the mister hose on this:

You'll see it has a male end. I have two of these vegepods right next to each other, so the ideal solution is a t piece with two female connectors and one male end and connect it up to the three hoses.

But it appears I need to get two pieces of hose, four female connectors, then connect to a three way male piece, then connect that to my hose...
just seems mad to me!
£330! For that price I'd be calling them and asking them what the deal is regarding watering...

Back
Top Bottom