My specs:

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500-A
MOBO: Gigabyte z690 Aorus Ultra
CPU: Intel i7-12700k
Gfx Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 VISION OC 12GB
RAM: Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum DDR5 (5600Mhz) 2x16GB
HD: Seagate Firecude 2TB SSD M.2
PSU: Corsair RM850 850W 80+ Gold

Hi, firstly I should say this is a new build and has never been booted (succesfully) yet.

My current problem is that there is "No Signal" to my monitor via HDMI on the Gfx Card BUT it does recognise that the cable is in; just that there is no signal.

I also don't have power to my rear or front I/O and I don't know why.

I have checked my motherboards capability and it says it supports DDR5 RAM up to 4800 Mhz *but with XMP it should support the RAM I'm using. (I just can't enable XMP cos I can't boot. or at least can't see if it has because no signal)

Is the RAM causing a problem that stops HDMI signal and or the power to I/Os?

The other thing it could be is that somehow my Graphics card is not sending a signal? I will have to test my old card on this setup.

Thank you for any answers or information about this!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It is self build and I don't have at the moment DP capability so I am still using HDMI (sorry)
Check all power cables and reseat the gpu, check the motherboard for any bent pins. Also try one stick of memory

@varkanoid

There's no hdmi on the motherboard according to the spec so you cant try onboard graphics with hdmi but it does have a display port.

Associate
OP
Are all the PSU cables definitely fully plugged in?
Everything is plugged in correctly it is in my belief a component acting up.
Check all power cables and reseat the gpu, check the motherboard for any bent pins. Also try one stick of memory
I have done all this but is it a solution to use my old graphics card to see if it boots then? As I haven't tried that.

Associate
OP
Okay I tried the old GPU (which definitely works in another system) and it also received no signal.

Also I am getting a "C1" error on the Mobo LED, is this a problem that can prevent a boot?
DSCF5798.jpg

Here also is what the Gfx card looks like etc when I turn it on
DSCF5793.jpg

And finally here is the difference between No HDMI plugged in and HDMI plugged in on the monitor.
DSCF5791.jpg
DSCF5792.jpg
Is any of this clear as to a particular problem? I am stuck thinking whether it must be the Motherboard itself or the CPU? *UNLESS C1 error does prevent a boot.

Soldato
Reset the BIOS first.

If that doesnt work I'd be tempted to take everything out of the case and build it up on the desk with just the CPU/GPU in it, preferably, if you have it an old GPU that doesn't require power from the PSU, if you can get it to boot and into the BIOS change the PCIex mode to 1 rather than Auto.
Have you tried the GPU in another machine.
If still no dice then I'd pop the CPU out and check you haven't got a bent pin, then start looking at RMA.

Man of Honour
You can clear the bios by disconnecting all power, remove bios battery and set the clear cmos jumper on the motherboard. Leave for 10 mins and reset jumper, etc then try to boot.

If that doesn't work I would be tempted to update the bios using q flash plus button on the motherboard. Refer to motherboard manual.

Soldato
There is a BIOS reset jumper on the bottom right side of the board above the front panel connector and below the battery, this is the best way to do it.

BIOS update, there are only 3 BIOS files available for this board F4, F5 and F6. Your CPU has been supported since F5.
This board does have QFLash capabilities, you will need a USB stick and the latest (ar at least F5) BIOS file, I'm not going to put the instructions on how to do it here as you really need to read the manual for it and be aware that you could screw up the update if you are not careful, so read it, if that's the street you want to go down then that's your call, if you are not comfortable with that then I'd reach out to the tech support of where ever you got the board from, if new that is...

Associate
OP
IF you use the jumper you don't need to remove the battery no.
Okay I tried this twice and I still get the same "No Signal" on the Monitor. There are no beeps from the motherboard or anything.
As far as using a USB stick for QFlash my motherboard is not receiving power to those ports so I don't think it would be possible?

Is there a particular piece of hardware (Maybe the motherboard itself?) that is causing all my issues that it would just be easier to replace?

I bought everything on Amazon btw.

Back
Top Bottom