Golf Thread

Soldato
Well, was leaving the house in the car yesterday, and bumped into my next door neighbour walking back home with a golf trolly..we had a wee chat, and he has taken up the golf again, and plays off 26 atm..so once he is back from offshore were gonna get a game in!

YAYY, i have a friend! :D

Soldato
Booked and charged by local police!!!

1715948624576-png.2050144

Associate
You know what American cops are like, could be anything!
He's back at Valhalla getting ready to play anyway, so no doubt it was someone being a dick, somewhere, about something. :p

Soldato
Also having the 2nd hole as SI2 appears to go against the SGU rules on applying SI's etc.

So the 2nd holes should NOT be SI2 as it's in the first "triad"

That's intesting, never looked that closely for some reason but both Masters at Woodlands in Bristol and my local Whitley also seem to break that rule, Masters the 2nd hole is SI2 (it is tricky, long 180+ yard par 3 over water) and Whitley hole 1 is SI2 (again kinda tricky, 530 yard par 5 where driver is generally not the play off the tee)...

Just got back from my singles knockout match, I lost, boo :p 2&1 in the end.

Was a bit mad on the front 9, I lost the first 4 holes in a row but then managed to win the next 5 to be +1 at the turn. Got to 2 up on the 11th but then it kinda started falling apart. On the 13th we got let through the group ahead and I think I would've preferred to wait given how badly that went but really it was the 16th that sealed it, just completely forgot how to hit the ball, 3 to the green on a par 3. Ugh.

Still, good company/round and lovely weather so that's me done complaining :p

Agreed to play with the same guy and enter the medal tomorrow (just a normal comp, they do a medal and a stableford every month and this weekend is the medal), now thinking whether I should book a buggy for the 18 holes at Cumberwell Park on Sunday...

Soldato
Well - From the highs of last saturday to today....

Last saturday I was level par thru 6.... This week I was +8 thru 6..... :cry: - including a topped tee shot at the 1st which was lost....

Couldn't find the club face at all today... Horrible ball striking..

Thankfully my mate had a family situation come up, and we left after 12 holes!!

Weird weird game at times.....

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys. Today my first few shots down the range were shanking a bit. My son "corrected" my swing and says the after setup is better as it gives me more space to swing. But I'm not sure? What do you think? In the after shot, I'm basically more upright and not squatting as much. Bare in mind this is my shortest club a 60 and I'm 6ft2.

2Y4Vyy5l.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
@jaybee I'm no expert but do think the after looks better, and like you said more upright/less squatting I think is the way to go... I think :p

Out for the club medal today, front 9 was great at 44 gross which is my best ever by 1 shot, back 9 had the two inevitable blow-up holes (8's on par 4's) so a 50, 94 gross total with 22 playing handicap for a 72, 2 over net. I'll take that :)

Tomorrow is the society at Cumberwell Park, should be good.

Soldato
Hey guys. Today my first few shots down the range were shanking a bit. My son "corrected" my swing and says the after setup is better as it gives me more space to swing. But I'm not sure? What do you think? In the after shot, I'm basically more upright and not squatting as much. Bare in mind this is my shortest club a 60 and I'm 6ft2.

Get the same pictures with a 7 iron or something...

Also "shanking" a 60 is always potentially there as you will very very rarely ever swing a 60 degree wedge at 100%....

Associate
I actually walked off in a medal today, head went totally. Par Bogey Par start, pulled one left off the 4th, we were sure we knew where it was. I hit a provisional, same again both couldn't be located. It was hammering down with rain, I was p*ssed wet through. I just swapped cards with who was marking my card and I just went. Totally lost focus.

An then to top it all off I went to the range with a mate who wasn't playing today and we noticed that my new 3 iCrossover ferrule was a bit off, looked closer the club head had rotated on the shaft. Spoke to my pro in the shop he looked at it, couldn't explain it and it's now been sent off for a new shaft from Ping.

What's even worse is that I am off to Portugal Tuesday on a golf holiday and my favourite fairway finder club wont be in my bag, wounded. Thankfully I still have a Ping G410 Crossover in the bag (4 iron) so that's in bag for the trip.

Also put my Scotty Newport 2 back in the bag, I have fallen back into love with it, the Spider GTX is back in the cupboard for a while till it learns to behave.

All in all, what a day.

But Portugal on Tuesday for 5 nights 6 rounds playing Vale De Lobo Royal course on day 1 then the rest of the rounds are at the Salgados, Morgado and Alamos. Taking 4 boxes of balls JUST to be safe! Thankfully also it's all inclusive, so it'll be a great break.

Associate
Laid up with injury so had to withdraw from tomorrows comp. After discovering the other week I had a frozen shoulder on my right side which has been troubling me since the turn of the year I've now done something to my left arm!

Hopefully just a minor strain which needs a few days of rest but I could barely move it this morning :eek: Either a reaction to lifting weights at the gym again, after learning from the physio that I didn't have a muscular injury so wouldn't be making anything worse, or I tweaked it at the range on Wednesday.

What didn't help it was mowing my parents lawn yesterday. Had to help out as my dad had a cataract replaced in the week and has been barred from gardening for 40 days. With the recent weather it was like a jungle! Didn't want him worrying about it and doing something he shouldn't. Seems to be easing a little now, either that or the ibuprofen has kicked in :p

Soldato

2Y4Vyy5l.jpg
Does look a lot better, hip joints should be over ankles and pressure in balls of feet from what I’ve been told in the past.

Soldato
Forgot to ask, I took a lump out of my new vokey wedge from a stone in a bunker the other day, is there anyway of tidying it up? Don’t want to sand it if it’s going to make it worse

Soldato
Hey guys,

Just tried the new TM Inc balls, very impressed..

RrXkEzW.jpg

I also have a bit of an odd one, today about half way through my shots, i was shanking quite a few times, and the so I decided to move the ball address out to the toe about half an inch, is this “OK” to do? I mean, i was getting much better ball striking, minimal shanks, and a lot more distance..

FtbBh4c.jpg

JlygSPA.jpg

Soldato
Hey guys,

Just tried the new TM Inc balls, very impressed..

I also have a bit of an odd one, today about half way through my shots, i was shanking quite a few times, and the so I decided to move the ball address out to the toe about half an inch, is this “OK” to do? I mean, i was getting much better ball striking, minimal shanks, and a lot more distance..

Back
Top Bottom