GPL - OcUK GPL League Summer 2003 Series!

Associate
OP
i just joined vroc and i can;t get into the room. it says there is a password on there which should be impossible cos its protected.

weird

Soldato
i aint gonna be able to make the race i'm afraid, i'm being dragged out to my uncles house cause it's his birthday :(

i aint very good at the track though anyway, so it's probably a blessing for you guys :p

Soldato
Absolutly fuming after that race, not only did it stop counting my laps but decided to crash my comp just after id made a few places back aster some upside down action. needing a hard reset loosing 2 weeks of uptime. stupid windows !!!!

Associate
tarnations, i was sooooooo annoyed last night. my tiscali connection totally bombed on me after about 3 laps - couldn't even log back onto vroc requiring a reboot to sort things out :( gutting when you spend a couple of hours of your weekend preparing/racing only to get disconnected :mad:

once again i make a complete mess of the start having no idea where the braking zone is from a grid start - fortunately there was a run off zone so i didn't mess up anyone else's race (for a change :) ). stuck me in the middle of carnage for the next 2 laps around the circuit tho :)

can someone post linkage to wr replay for bathurst? and what is the time? sub 2mins is possible with a bit more work i think but i don't know whether to bother if the wr is like 1:57!

SamJ

Associate
OP
I believe the WR is about a high 1.57.

but i dont have a replay of it, just going on what gplrank says.

The sart was a bit of a laugh SJ, cos we were neck and neck all the way to the corner, but i hit the right braking point and you carried on going. (i did actually find out where the braking point was for T1) :)

Associate
OP
Ok then the oval track will be texas, which doesn't necessarily involve braking or changing gears, but will nevertheless require 100% driver involvement for the whole lap cos it has a very tricky driver line.

hang on, just reread your posts and i'm not sure if you want an easy oval or a hard oval.
are you saying you liked Talladega?

Associate
OP
Texas it is then.
You will certainly need some praccy and also have to do a special setup for it i reckon.
anyone who wants to try it can visit the league forum and there is a link to the track in the ovals thread.

Associate
OP
Don't forget we have our first special race of the summer season this sunday.
An F2 race at Monza.

This would be a good race for any noobs to join the season for cos its dead simple and in the F2 cars almost impossible to crash (famous last words :) )

Soldato
Please note Zuma, If the race involves me doing laps of a track, then its not a qustion of if I crash its merely when WILL I crash?

Should be a good race, i havent had any F2 practice at all so I should really have a go, am I right in thinking its F2 any car, we dont have to use or F1 race car?

Associate
Originally posted by DreederOcUK
Should be a good race, i havent had any F2 practice at all so I should really have a go, am I right in thinking its F2 any car, we dont have to use or F1 race car?

Yep. F2 car of any manufacturer as opposed to your chosen F1 manufactuer.

(So looks like a field full of Brabbhams then ;) )

Back
Top Bottom