Help with build

Associate
looking for some advice been asked to build a pc for a friend who has a disabled son that has been running a 10 year old rig I am able to build it but not up to date with all the new gen so am hoping some people on here could help with the build

The build will be used for gaming at 1920 x 1080 with a budget of 700 pound no need for any displays and no need for mouse and keyboard just a case and everything to go in u dose play aaa games the budget is not massive I know and he loves red so black and red is he thing so would like to see what everyone things would be a good build thanks in advance for any help

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Only thing I would do different is use the last of the budget to get a decent PSU.
haha yes, not a bad recommendation
such a shame that my budget go to is no longer in stock :(

Having a modular PSU in that case will help a lot as it wont have much room for spare cables.
not quite true tbh. here is mine with a vs550, there's plenty of space :)
literally building in it at the moment, so having first hand experience

kIJxfep.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
I looked at the pictures of the internals of the case, you cant judge how much space the fixed hard drive cage takes up. Hence my assumption of lack of space.

Associate
OP
Thank you everyone and very much appreciate the advice this will make him so happy one last thing what would be the difference from the intel core I 5 and the ryzan cpu if anything

Man of Honour
one last thing what would be the difference from the intel core I 5 and the ryzan cpu if anything
nothing much. they're basically neck and neck with most tasks, add/subtract a few % here and there depending on exactly what task.
the ryzen combo is £20 cheaper (£120) vs the intel combo (£140)

Man of Honour
I looked at the pictures of the internals of the case, you cant judge how much space the fixed hard drive cage takes up. Hence my assumption of lack of space.
haha yes, nothing beats actually being able to inspect items physically.

the vs550 is a 14cm long psu, and with that, there is an extra 10cm of space until you hit the hdd cage. so even with a 16cm psu, there's still plenty of room to stash the excess cables.
it's only with a 18cm psu then probably starting to run into problems (6cm space)...but who puts a high-end high-wattage psu in one of these cases anyway? :cry:
of course if not using a hdd, can stash the extra cables in space where the hdd cage is lol

Soldato
No future proofing on either although with AM4 you do get the X3D chips that can make a massive difference in games if they can make use of it.

Soldato
Yes unfortunatly your budget is a bit tight to go AM5.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £804.89 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

tryng to stick to items that are in stock.
Compromised on drive size and you will have to use the stock cooler. You could cheap out on the PSU but I reccomend you never do that as the one thing that will likely outlast your pc build is a decent quality psu.

Back
Top Bottom