Home app Hue integration

Associate

On the Home app on my iPhone and iPad I have Hue lights linked to it. Everything works fine but I don’t understand why when I long press ‘lights’ lights off shows but not ‘lights on’. The lights off options is only ever available regardless of whether they’re on or off.

If I want to turn on all lights I have to manually click each light below or ask Siri to turn on all lights.

Any advice? Thanks.

Associate
is it something to do with adding them to rooms?
The reason I ask is that at the top of my home app it has "climate | lights | speakers & tv"
The "lights" section is effectively there to take you to a summary of all the lights in your home, as I understand it. From there you can individually control each light, or effectively switch off all lights in your home.
Below that I have lights (and other things) listed under individual rooms.

Soldato
This is how I’ve got mine set up. I’ve played around with it and I think you’d have to set them all up together in one group and maybe call it lights? You’d then get one button.
dm2UutK_d.webp

Associate
Mines is like that but I have a “lights” at the top which can switch off the whole home. You could group lights for the purposes of controlling them all on or off , as well as the individual controls you have in the picture above.

Associate
OP
is it something to do with adding them to rooms?
The reason I ask is that at the top of my home app it has "climate | lights | speakers & tv"
The "lights" section is effectively there to take you to a summary of all the lights in your home, as I understand it. From there you can individually control each light, or effectively switch off all lights in your home.
Below that I have lights (and other things) listed under individual rooms.
Yes it is, turns out you have to add them all to one room. Thanks!

Soldato
I find Home and Hue a bit of a nightmare. I get ‘Not Responding’ so often, or it takes 4+ seconds to become responsive. My Apple Watch also gave up the ghost with being able to Siri control them long ago. Such a pain.

Associate
OP
I find Home and Hue a bit of a nightmare. I get ‘Not Responding’ so often, or it takes 4+ seconds to become responsive. My Apple Watch also gave up the ghost with being able to Siri control them long ago. Such a pain.
Yes, it’s very annoying. I find removing them and re-adding resolves that issue for a while but it then comes around again pretty soon.

Soldato
I found adding the lights via home rather than the hue works. I’ve had no issues at all since I done that. Whereas before I added them via hue then integrated them to home and every so often I’d get similar.

What does take a second or two (feels like a life time) is the control centre. Pull down and nothing seems to happen then it’ll just light up to signify that the light is on. It’s quick enough to turn off or on when pressed though.

Associate
OP
I found adding the lights via home rather than the hue works. I’ve had no issues at all since I done that. Whereas before I added them via hue then integrated them to home and every so often I’d get similar.

What does take a second or two (feels like a life time) is the control centre. Pull down and nothing seems to happen then it’ll just light up to signify that the light is on. It’s quick enough to turn off or on when pressed though.
Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom