How do bluetooth devices keep powered?

Soldato
I'm behind the times when it comes to Bluetooth peripherals. But I'm going to be buying a bluetooth keyboard and mouse in the near future.

I'm just wondering how I keep them powered?

Do I use rechargeable batteries? And/or do I use a charging lead for them?

Associate
Most will come with built in rechargeable batteries which will require charging via cable with only the odd outlier that requires a battery and doesn't have any built in charging facilities or even a port to connect a cable.

If you don't want to be messing around with a mess of cables with different plugs, I would recommend getting devices that have a type C connector if you aren't getting any devices that charge wirelessly.

Soldato
Gamepads i.e. dualsense have a docking station where they sit when not in use saves having to plug cables in/out to charge. Handy as they have a habit of running out of charge just when you need them

Last edited:
Soldato
As others have already said, I think most devices come with built in rechargeable batteries now. Some still with batteries you can change when required.

I got a Logitech MX Mechanical keyboard a couple years back now, i'm still amazed how long the battery lasts even if i've been working all day. I keep a USB battery pack charger nearby and simply plug it into that whenever it needs charging and just carry on working.

Associate
My keyboard (G915) uses a rechargable lithium battery and mouse (Logitech Lift) uses a single AA battery. They both last a surprisingly long time if you don't use lighting, the mouse lasts approx 6 months per battery, keyboard lasts 2 months per charge and that's using them both 8-9 hours a day.

Associate
Depends on the device. My G915TKL has a replaceable lithium battery. My Razer Basilisk X uses an AA battery.

If you're buying something that doesn't use AA batteries, check that the battery can be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom