i think i have drug dealers living next door to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Berserker said:
I had a suspected drug dealer living across the road from me for a while (well, may have been confirmed but I was out of the country when I found out). That is until she was murdered. :eek:

Where were you on the night in question ? ;)

* Shines light in Mr B's face *

It can't harm to let the police know if you are very discreet about it, as in ring anonymously.. If you suspect there is drug dealing going on, then let them know and it is either the case or it is not.

One thing is almost certain and that is if there is dealing going on, it will tally up with intel that the police already likely have so that they can action the intelligence with an indiscreet knock on the door with a ram.

I would do the same, especially with kids living in the area.

Discreetly though, and tell nobody what you have done. ( Overclockers aside, we can keep a secret. )

Man of Honour
Sic said:
believe me, there are a LOT of dealers who are respectable. unfortunately i dont have figures because i dont think there's been a national survey on it.

Are you serious here Sic ?

Dealers are anything but respectable. They are despicable in my book. They can donate to charity, they can also donate towards a 5 a side pitch for the local kids but the local kids are the very people they will push junk to.

Have you seen the bottom of the ladder, the victims of drug abuse and the nightmare world that it is ? Have you seen a 15 year old still at school unconcious with a pin sticking in his arm ? Have you seen the victim of a robbery who had been turned over and beaten for a tenner bag ? Have you seen the devastated family whose house has been done over on Christmas Eve and presents stolen because an addict needs his next fix ? .... The list goes on.

Whether directly or indirectly, the ' respectable ' dealer is responsible for this misery and the billions of pounds that the taxpayer shells out in terms of paying for incarceration and medical treatments, not to mention benefits payed to users as they rarely work, and here I mean hard core addicts.

The words respectable and dealer are worlds apart in my mind.

Permabanned
When I took drugs, some of my dealers were right a-holes, but 2 of them were top guys. They were actually nice people. Dealers on street corners and crack house are bad, i agree. But I have known one of mine for 10 years. He has his own business (legit), he's intelligent, he doesnt murder people and by banging out a little bit of pot, well he aint hurting anyone. He even buys my daughter (who's 11) a christmas present every year ! He is very far from evil. If someone is suffering from some sort of 'problem' relating to something he sells them, he'll actually tell them to lay off for a while (which I did, and he still asked me round, but wouldnt sell to me !!!). Everyone who buys from him knows each other and its a very social, funny light hearted house. He doesnt have schoolkids round, he doesnt peddle to them at the school gates.

People have this idea that all dealers are bad. I can assure you they are not.

Permabanned
benktlottie said:
When I took drugs, some of my dealers were right a-holes, but 2 of them were top guys. They were actually nice people. Dealers on street corners and crack house are bad, i agree. But I have known one of mine for 10 years. He has his own business (legit), he's intelligent, he doesnt murder people and by banging out a little bit of pot, well he aint hurting anyone. He even buys my daughter (who's 11) a christmas present every year ! He is very far from evil. If someone is suffering from some sort of 'problem' relating to something he sells them, he'll actually tell them to lay off for a while (which I did, and he still asked me round, but wouldnt sell to me !!!). Everyone who buys from him knows each other and its a very social, funny light hearted house. He doesnt have schoolkids round, he doesnt peddle to them at the school gates.

Presumably he buys his supply from people who aren't so nice though, right? So he is still contributing to organised crime.

Permabanned
Von Smallhausen said:
Are you serious here Sic ?

Dealers are anything but respectable. They are despicable in my book. They can donate to charity, they can also donate towards a 5 a side pitch for the local kids but the local kids are the very people they will push junk to.

Have you seen the bottom of the ladder, the victims of drug abuse and the nightmare world that it is ? Have you seen a 15 year old still at school unconcious with a pin sticking in his arm ? Have you seen the victim of a robbery who had been turned over and beaten for a tenner bag ? Have you seen the devastated family whose house has been done over on Christmas Eve and presents stolen because an addict needs his next fix ? .... The list goes on.

Whether directly or indirectly, the ' respectable ' dealer is responsible for this misery and the billions of pounds that the taxpayer shells out in terms of paying for incarceration and medical treatments, not to mention benefits payed to users as they rarely work, and here I mean hard core addicts.

The words respectable and dealer are worlds apart in my mind.

I'm sorry, you live in a media induced frenzy mate, and attitudes like yours damage society. It isnt ALL like that. I agree it is heartbreaking when someone is unconcious with a needle in his arm, and items are stolen, but this isnt every user and every dealer. Open your eyes wider please.

During the time I took drugs, I never had time off work (I run my own business), I maintained a family (wife and daughter) ad I paid my taxes.

Hard core addicts make up a very very small percentage.

Man of Honour
benktlottie said:

So let's say someone tries to muscle in on his drug dealing ....... will he discuss it over brandy, cigars and Backgammon ? Or will he use violence to protect it, whether by him or people he knows ?

Permabanned
dirtydog said:
Presumably he buys his supply from people who aren't so nice though, right? So he is still contributing to organised crime.

He has done. He has told me scary stories, but I believe hes part of a syndicate now who supply themselves, so now import or external buys.

I believe that if youve been in the drugs scene, then you have at some point contributed to organised crime. I used to buy an ounce to sell to my mate, so my 1/8 was free. Didnt make me a bad person.

Man of Honour
benktlottie said:
I'm sorry, you live in a media induced frenzy mate, and attitudes like yours damage society. It isnt ALL like that. I agree it is heartbreaking when someone is unconcious with a needle in his arm, and items are stolen, but this isnt every user and every dealer. Open your eyes wider please.

During the time I took drugs, I never had time off work (I run my own business), I maintained a family (wife and daughter) ad I paid my taxes.

Hard core addicts make up a very very small percentage.

Media frenzy ? Open my eyes ?

Perhaps I know what I am talking about also ?

Permabanned
Von Smallhausen said:
So let's say someone tries to muscle in on his drug dealing ....... will he discuss it over brandy, cigars and Backgammon ? Or will he use violence to protect it, whether by him or people he knows ?

It doesnt happen, and will never happen. He has a loyal group of clientelle who dont actually need to look elsewhere. Hes the cheapest in town, and I would suggest that the group he sells to doesnt exceed 100 people. He isnt a street delaer so there is no turf he can incroach on, and no turf for other to incroach on. And him be violent ? Blimey, he couldnt and wouldnt hurt a fly !!! He smokes a lot of weed, I never so much as heard him raise his voice let alone whack someone !!!

I respect that everyone has their opinion on the matter and this is just my 2 cents....

Permabanned
Von Smallhausen said:
Media frenzy ? Open my eyes ?

Perhaps I know what I am talking about also ?

:)

Maybe you do, maybe you dont mate. I believe, in my opinion, your views were very negative and sounded like a quote from a newspaper, or you were quoting something you'd heard on the TV !!!

If you have experienced the scene, then I apologise, you must have had a bad one so you views are biased. if youve never been part of the scene, then I would like to know what has influence such negative views please

Man of Honour
Well I appreciate that. :)

You could say that I have experienced the scene, and still do ..... from the other side of the fence. I see a lot of misery and I think it leaves a very bad taste to see people making money from that misery.

Permabanned
Von Smallhausen said:
Well I appreciate that. :)

You could say that I have experienced the scene, and still do ..... from the other side of the fence. I see a lot of misery and I think it leaves a very bad taste to see people making money from that misery.

You're Old Bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom