Insomnia Sufferers in here!

Man of Honour
Back in a bit of a vicious cycle of getting 2-3 hours then waking up wide awake and can't sleep again for a few hours, then get maybe 1-3 hours sleep before work, then feel like **** all day so end up crashing after work and waking up again after 2-3 hours, repeat :s

Man of Honour
Just did a sleep study which ironically meant I had a **** night's sleep!

Overall my sleep is now okay just not as restorative as it should be, and I push myself too hard, gym, martial arts, work, family etc...

Holidays do really help me de-stress but then I get stressed.when back as I feel I need to catch up on all I missed!

Soldato
Generally I've always been a good sleeper, I'd be asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow and wake in the morning with very little disturbance. Over the years I've had spells of waking daily at 4am and not being able to get back to sleep. I'd not had a spell like that for some while but in November, my partner ended our relationship and it completely broke me.

Since then I have had awful sleep. It's been a real struggle to get to sleep because as I lay there in the dark my brain is going wild with thinking and missing my ex and being overwhelmed with sadness. I've managed to overcome this by distracting myself with listening to podcasts until I fall asleep which is ok. But my sleep is still horrid, I'm tossing and turning a lot and often waking up in a panic from horrible nightmares which leave me feeling reeling, or I wake up and everything feels fine and then I remember my relationship is no more and I feel consumed with emotions. I then find myself laying in the dark with my emotions or lots of negative thoughts, so I either distract myself with podcasts or youtube. On some of the worst days I've called the Samaritans just to feel less alone, which has been helpful.

I'm regularly seeing a counsellor which is slowly helping me process my emotions but the tiredness and lack of rest has left me feeling just empty and exhausted, which is making it hard to see the positives in anything.

I have managed to force myself to get out dancing once a week, or more if I can, but even if I've exhausted myself with that, my sleep is still the same.

Not really sure why I'm posting, I guess I just wanted to not have to hold it all myself.

Soldato
Got home from work, crashed for about 2 hours, then wide awake, maybe will get another 3 hours before work, been doing this a lot ever since having COVID :( not really insomnia but a bit of a vicious circle.

I've been doing this for months :( Also think I got covid about 3 weeks ago. Still unable to shift this cough that developed and I've got a slight pain under the left breast (probably from continually coughing for weeks) sigh :|

Man of Honour
I've been doing this for months :( Also think I got covid about 3 weeks ago. Still unable to shift this cough that developed and I've got a slight pain under the left breast (probably from continually coughing for weeks) sigh :|

I seem to be back in that pattern again after getting back to something like normal for a few weeks. Though got a better nights sleep last night and not working today so maybe get out of it again. Definitely seems to be getting me worse since COVID especially the second time, dunno if that or just getting older :s

Back
Top Bottom