• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

is there a reason my tv looks like it has a layer of grease on it amd gpu

Soldato
Make sure HDMI UHD Color is switched on in the TV settings for the HDMI port you are using.
It's off by default and you'll be able to enable each port individually. I can't remember where in the settings the option is

Soldato
OP
Make sure HDMI UHD Color is switched on in the TV settings for the HDMI port you are using.
It's off by default and you'll be able to enable each port individually. I can't remember where in the settings the option is

i think it is i must have tried every setting multiple times on the tv since this problem occurred :(

Associate
I had a cable not be upto scratch for a while about 10 years ago. It didn't represent as a fizzy screen or less resolution.It was more like very slight lines moving down the screen, barely noticeable but once seen impossible to unsee. I bought a new monotor but thay didnt fix it. A new quality cable rather than the crap they sell you when you buy a TV (gold plated plugs etc etc - typical practices in most tech shops imo) sorted it.

Last edited:
Soldato
i think it is i must have tried every setting multiple times on the tv since this problem occurred :(
Think this shows where the setting is. (Note: This setting is called HDMI UHD Colour in 2018 and older models.)

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/...v-screen-that-darkens-when-connected-to-a-pc/

Soldato
hey guys for some reason when i use my pc on my tv it looks like im looking through a layer of grease on the screen, happened a while back on my 5700 radeon after a driver update and is also happening on my 7800xt, i have tried messing with every setting imaginable on both the tv i extend to and my gpu and im confused :p

the gigabyte m32q monitor is fine but as soon as i extend to tv it looks all dull as hell, i sometimes extend to tv to watch stuff on a bigger panel but this is putting a downer on it :( any ideas?

Can you take a screen shot to show us

:D:cry::D:cry::D:cry:

Last edited:
Associate
Glad that sorted it :). I assume the old cable couldn't handle a 4k resolution and therefore the equipment negotiated a lower resolution during the HDMI handshake.

Soldato
OP
lol thought i had a new issue there for a min, just went to use the tv from pc as usual and my mouse was a stuttery mess when ever it went over to the tv screen.

for some reason windows decided to set my tv refresh rate at 30 with the new cable lol all sorted now that i noticed that, gonna buy a shorter one of these cables for my monitor :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom