KVM Enthusiasts

Associate
Any KVM enthusiasts out there?

Wondering if anyone has tried KVM VMs with QEMU-PPC or QEMU-3dfx for example? Not just the standard x86 VMs

Associate
OP
I've used other architectures with QEMU without a problem, such as aarch64 on x86.

Thanks... with Virt-manager? I havent got QEMU set up again but maybe you can sell me, do I install all the QEMU flavours for various architectures and then they all appear as options in the one virt manager?

The guy who wrote qemu-3dfx hides it behind a paywall and "forgets" to answer or help when anyone asks why his FOSS code doesnt quite compile, just suggests buying the compiled binaries :( There are some binaries on Archive.org though :)

Soldato
Thanks... with Virt-manager? I havent got QEMU set up again but maybe you can sell me, do I install all the QEMU flavours for various architectures and then they all appear as options in the one virt manager?

The guy who wrote qemu-3dfx hides it behind a paywall and "forgets" to answer or help when anyone asks why his FOSS code doesnt quite compile, just suggests buying the compiled binaries :( There are some binaries on Archive.org though :)

I don't use VirtManager, but use libvirt, but yeah they should show up no problem on VirtManager as it's just a front end for libvirt.

As for QEMU, this is what will allow you to run none-x86 easily on KVM, a lot of people tend to run QEMU KVM all as one, obviously you can't run KVM natively without it, but for what you're trying to do you're probably going to want QEMU too. I haven't done anything with 3dfx personally, my main interest has been running aarch64 on x86 and some other stuff, before pushing to hardware.

Back
Top Bottom