Lenovo Legion 5 Pro

Soldato
I just bought myself one of these. Spec is

Lenovo Legion 5 Intel Core i7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD NVIDIA RTX 3070 Ti 15.6" WQHD Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-12700H 14 Core Processor | 15.6" WQHD IPS 165Hz Screen | Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-bit | 16GB DDR5 RAM | 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB Graphics | USB Type-C | HDMI | WiFi 6 | Bluetooth | 82RB000XUK

Price seemed good so I just hope it turns up.

Not sure about the whole pro vs non pro stuff mind.

I nearly purchased the same laptop yesterday on a deal but I backed out, The more I think about it, I would barely use it at the minute. Meant to be a cracking laptop though! Hope you enjoy your new purchase.

Soldato
I nearly purchased the same laptop yesterday on a deal but I backed out, The more I think about it, I would barely use it at the minute. Meant to be a cracking laptop though! Hope you enjoy your new purchase.

No doubt I'll barely use it but my current laptop is ancient and I do like laptops for when I'm away working or travelling. Got swept up in the moment ha.

Soldato
No doubt I'll barely use it but my current laptop is ancient and I do like laptops for when I'm away working or travelling. Got swept up in the moment ha.

I currently have a 4800H/2060 laptop but I've not even powered ti on this year. I used to use it very often though as worked away half the year, Since taking a job at home, Just no requirement. Buuut, The temptation is there for a Legion 5 laptop.
I should just sell my current laptop. Not sure how much I would get for it to be fair.

Soldato
I went 32gb. Just have to make sure it's dual rank.
I can't recall which I have but I'll find out. It's CL20 stuff anyway.

That'll be great if you could.

Looking at the Kingston Fury KF432S20IBK2/32, It seems to be the only one that's CL20 but unsure if its dual rank, ah think its single rank, why's it so hard to find decent ram :'(

Judging from an old MM sale I just looked at, it seems the KF432S20IB1K2/32 is the kit I'm after, but seems rare as hen's teeth now.

Last edited:
Soldato
That'll be great if you could.

Looking at the Kingston Fury KF432S20IBK2/32, It seems to be the only one that's CL20 but unsure if its dual rank, ah think its single rank, why's it so hard to find decent ram :'(

Judging from an old MM sale I just looked at, it seems the KF432S20IB1K2/32 is the kit I'm after, but seems rare as hen's teeth now.
It must be the same stuff. When I bought mine it was Hyper X HX432S20IBK2 which I believe have stopped making RAM so possibly Kingston bought over the rights?
At the time I bought my kit, They were phasing out HX432S20IBK2 with a IB1K2 kit which I believe is single rank.
Jarrods tech has a video on it and lists which RAM for Lenovo was the slow and fast ram. (Note, His voice can be irritating but factual)

Soldato
It must be the same stuff. When I bought mine it was Hyper X HX432S20IBK2 which I believe have stopped making RAM so possibly Kingston bought over the rights?
At the time I bought my kit, They were phasing out HX432S20IBK2 with a IB1K2 kit which I believe is single rank.
Jarrods tech has a video on it and lists which RAM for Lenovo was the slow and fast ram. (Note, His voice can be irritating but factual)

That was the chap I remember watching when i bought my laptop in 2021, silly me didn't buy the ram at the time.

I'll have another search but I think I'm a bit screwed unless I find something used.

The B1K2 kits are dual rank, which are the ones that are now discontinued.

Other option, which at this point is 1) getting to expensive to be worth it and 2) I don't know if these laptops support 64gb....The KF432S20IB/32 I seem to be able to buy readily and is dual rank.

Other brands seem to be a lottery if you get single or dual rank, but at CL22.

By the looks of it, my best bet is to probably put some interest in the MM, and keep an eye out on the bay for a kit.

Soldato
That was the chap I remember watching when i bought my laptop in 2021, silly me didn't buy the ram at the time.

I'll have another search but I think I'm a bit screwed unless I find something used.

The B1K2 kits are dual rank, which are the ones that are now discontinued.

Other option, which at this point is 1) getting to expensive to be worth it and 2) I don't know if these laptops support 64gb....The KF432S20IB/32 I seem to be able to buy readily and is dual rank.

Other brands seem to be a lottery if you get single or dual rank, but at CL22.

By the looks of it, my best bet is to probably put some interest in the MM, and keep an eye out on the bay for a kit.
Yeah quite possibly, I did search online but nothing coming up for sale still. There are used kits on Ebay but could be someone trying to pan off a single rank kit as dual.
I may coinsider selling mine actually. Leave it with me. Its sitting in my unused laptop that hasn't been switched on in a year so I'm considering selling that too.

Soldato
I see there are deals kicking about just now for the pro 7i with a 13900HX with a 4080 or 4090 at £1660 or £2120 depending on the GPU (30% off)
Yep, incredibly good value for money. Lenovo's pricing for extending the warranty is really reasonable too.
I'm currently on a Lenovo 5 with a 11800H and 3070, finding it difficult not to go for the 4080 version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom