LG OLED 2023 Thread - A3, B3, C3, G3

Soldato
Has anyone got one of these in 42" connected to an aerial, and can do a test for me? I'm looking for the device ID inside the app on channel 100.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just ordered the 55" LG C3 with Richer Sounds. 12 months 0% interest and 6 year warranty. My first foray into OLED. I'm excited to see what this is like. It'll be replacing a 3 and a bit year old Sony KD-49XG9005.

Soldato
I've been really enjoying the C3. My first OLED tele and I'm loving the picture as well as the interface itself. Very responsive. Had to do some basic tweaks to the picture but I'm happy now, as originally I found it overly dark. AVForums say to use Film Maker mode but I prefer Cinema mode. And when watching a 4k blu-ray I actually prefer Dynamic Tone Mapping to be "on" instead of "off". This could however just be me being used to LED for far too long. I did take some pictures on my phone, whilst the image was moving (no pausing); I was watching Guardians of the Galaxy in 4k to test out the picture. I think they've come out alright to be fair haha. No picture tweaking, just cropped. Obviously may look different on everyone's different monitors but hopefully it gives some idea of the balance. :)

Guardians-8.png

Guardians-1.png

Guardians-2.png

Guardians-3.png

Guardians-4.png

Guardians-5.png

Guardians-7.png

Guardians-6.png

Soldato
Does yt even support Dolby Vision? I always thought it was HDR and HDR10 only. So many vids claiming DV but I've only ever managed to playback with HDR10 on my CX.

Soldato
Any more owners want to chime in on any issues or just how wonderful their new purchases are? I'm in the market for a 77" and it's a toss up between the A80K or the C3. I can get either for a very similar price. What say you?

Last edited:
Soldato
Behold 1500 nits of peak brightness

I do wonder if this race against each other for the highest brightness levels can cause you to get screen burn much more easy

OLED Brightness levels didn't change that much for many years and all of a sudden when QD-OLED panels get released the OLED brightness levels jump up around 600 nits

Last edited:
Soldato
I do wonder if this race against each other for the highest brightness levels can cause you to get screen burn much more easy

OLED Brightness levels didn't change that much for many years and all of a sudden when QD-OLED panels get released the OLED brightness levels jump up around 600 nits
The cynic in you might say that's because LG didn't NEED to increase brightness until Samsung came along with their QD-OLED. That's the simple reason you are seeing it now.

The G3 increased brightness is purely down to an optical layer though, not from pushing the electronics any more (maybe some but the majority of the increases is in the MLA layer). Only time will tell though if they are more or less prone.

Back
Top Bottom