Lian Li O11 Air Mini

Soldato
Hi all just sharing these pics in the official thread in case they help anyone else! They're also (+ more) in my other thread here re fitting into a Peli Case https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/case-for-travel-w-pelicase-air-1637.18953327/

I tried to side mount the Arctic 240 into but unfortunately it wouldn't fit due to the spacing against the front case fan brackets.

I'll be buying a few more fans for side + lower intake and maybe a little lighting to increase my performance to the max.

Specs are:

Intel 12700 + Arctic 240mm
MSI Z690-A Pro
64GB (2 * 32) Corsair Vengeance 3200
Asus Dual 3060ti
Seasonic 850w
M.2 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus // M.2 WD Blue 500GB // SATA 4TB Crucial MX500

pWWl0jh.jpg
IOzWDeE.jpg
I've flipped the exhaust fan since the above pic!

There is a panel that goes infront of the cables not picture here.

4k1zkAK.jpg

feRJeBj.jpg

Then the case for the case!

I haven't done any proper temperature testing other than a quick Cinebench. Comparing those to my screenshots from the BeQuiet 500DX 2 months ago (and factoring in a slightly higher ambient temperature now) they're roughly the same cooling wise. Everything at stock.

9ySsJvH.jpg
EB5IrOf.jpg

Soldato

Last edited:
Soldato

Nice build, i forgot to take pictures after putting mine together, just ordered a 5800X3D so i'll get some when i put that in this week.
I did get the vertical GPU mount as well but decided not to use it in the end as the NZXT Kraken G12 on my 1080ti is not the prettiest thing to look at :D will use it when i switch GPU's next year.

Associate
Hi all just sharing these pics in the official thread in case they help anyone else! They're also (+ more) in my other thread here re fitting into a Peli Case https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/case-for-travel-w-pelicase-air-1637.18953327/

I tried to side mount the Arctic 240 into but unfortunately it wouldn't fit due to the spacing against the front case fan brackets.

I'll be buying a few more fans for side + lower intake and maybe a little lighting to increase my performance to the max.

Specs are:

Intel 12700 + Arctic 240mm
MSI Z690-A Pro
64GB (2 * 32) Corsair Vengeance 3200
Asus Dual 3060ti
Seasonic 850w
M.2 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus // M.2 WD Blue 500GB // SATA 4TB Crucial MX500

pWWl0jh.jpg
IOzWDeE.jpg
I've flipped the exhaust fan since the above pic!

There is a panel that goes infront of the cables not picture here.

4k1zkAK.jpg

feRJeBj.jpg

Then the case for the case!

I haven't done any proper temperature testing other than a quick Cinebench. Comparing those to my screenshots from the BeQuiet 500DX 2 months ago (and factoring in a slightly higher ambient temperature now) they're roughly the same cooling wise. Everything at stock.

9ySsJvH.jpg
EB5IrOf.jpg

I really like this build. I'm a sucker for changing cases/builds, makes me want to play with an o11 mini

Soldato
Finally got all my new stuff in, Ryzen 5800X3D and GIGABYTE AORUS RTX 3070 Master, spent way too much on this thing in the last 2 months :(

And the monstrosity 1080Ti that i replaced with the 3070

Associate
Nice builds, I like the look of this case.

A friend of my Mums has just kindly given me an old OCUK PC in a huge case and fancy rebuilding it in one of these.

Hopefully OCUK will have the black one in stock soon.

Associate
Is the Evo the next size up compared to the Mini?
Yes, I guess. The Evo allows for front mesh (kit sold separately). Not much improvement compared to a fully populated Evo without front mesh, performance wise. Few scenarios would benefit from it, but mainly if you want to change how the case looks. As usual, decent fans, bottom and side intake, top and rear exhaust, and if using an AIO, top exhaust. GPU benefit greatly from vertically mounting. The H9, similar design, doesn’t, as much. The NV7 doesn’t, either. Depending on the GPU used, RTX 4000 series for example, cables may touch side TG panel.

Associate
Debating between one of these or the new O11 vision. Thinking of an all air build with Noctua HSF and fans.
I think the vision will be fine, as long as the fans are good. Bottom intake helps the GPU, and side intake feeds the CPU cooler. Even a side mounted AIO, as intake would be fine. Top exhaust makes more sense to be used when a radiator is present there, an AIO for example. But for aircooled CPUs, bottom and side intake should be plenty, unless you use a 200+W Intel CPU. The torrent, more or less, brute forces intake, and is superb for aircooled CPUs and great for GPUs. Adding an exhaust fan in the Torrent doesn’t yield any benefit, really.
The T30s still my favourite fans if RGB isn’t desired. The D30s are very good too.
Most people, when aircooling their CPUs, either don’t use any top mounted fan or run them at much lower rpm than the other fans, just to remove residual heat.
The lack of top mounted fan isn’t as much as an issue as some reviewers wants people to believe.

Associate
Yes, I guess. The Evo allows for front mesh (kit sold separately). Not much improvement compared to a fully populated Evo without front mesh, performance wise. Few scenarios would benefit from it, but mainly if you want to change how the case looks. As usual, decent fans, bottom and side intake, top and rear exhaust, and if using an AIO, top exhaust. GPU benefit greatly from vertically mounting. The H9, similar design, doesn’t, as much. The NV7 doesn’t, either. Depending on the GPU used, RTX 4000 series for example, cables may touch side TG panel.

I want the best airflow with minimum noise lol I have all SL V2 fans which I can turn off when under 40c.
2x120mm top exhaust, 1x120mm rear exhaust, 2x140mm bottom intakes, 2 x 120mm side exhaust and front 240mm AIO intake.
The AIO was on the side as exhaust but was reaching 90c at full load (58003DX, -15 on all cores.) sometimes switching off recently so moved it to the front as intake with new MX6 paste and hasn't gone over 82c now. Also had to remove 1x120mm from the top as it won't fit with the AIO at front. I was going to upgrade to the 280mm LCD AIO but not sure if its worth it now since the temps are ok on the CPU. My GPU is a Gigabyte 3090 GAMING OC 24G which I haven't had any issues with, undervolted with MSI.

Associate
Just double check of the perforated panels are the correct ones. Lian Li wasn’t supposed to ship any case with the very restrictive panels, but they did. I had one. They shipped the updated ones and temperatures improved quite a lot, at lower rpm.

Soldato
I think the vision will be fine, as long as the fans are good. Bottom intake helps the GPU, and side intake feeds the CPU cooler. Even a side mounted AIO, as intake would be fine. Top exhaust makes more sense to be used when a radiator is present there, an AIO for example. But for aircooled CPUs, bottom and side intake should be plenty, unless you use a 200+W Intel CPU. The torrent, more or less, brute forces intake, and is superb for aircooled CPUs and great for GPUs. Adding an exhaust fan in the Torrent doesn’t yield any benefit, really.
The T30s still my favourite fans if RGB isn’t desired. The D30s are very good too.
Most people, when aircooling their CPUs, either don’t use any top mounted fan or run them at much lower rpm than the other fans, just to remove residual heat.
The lack of top mounted fan isn’t as much as an issue as some reviewers wants people to believe.
Think I’ll go with the Vision, I don’t run high end hardware and I think it will look great.

Back
Top Bottom