Lies of P

Soldato
Very interesting looking game, I love steampunk style things but as with anything souls-like I'm **** at it. The first boss is kicking my ****.

Associate
I've downloaded the demo ready to test it but I've not been able to drag myself away from Diablo 4 yet. Looking forward to trying it out, every clip I've seen of it oozes quality.

Associate
I found this demo to be quite boring tbh. Not really into souls-like games though so I don't know what I expected :cry:

Soldato
Not feeling the demo

Feels like another bad game trying to copy dark souls

It's amazing how dark souls both invented and perfected the genre and none of these other studios can replicate it

Last edited:
Associate
The game is out on gamepass - it seems a little easier than the demo the dodge is definitely a bit better and the parry timing is not quite as tricky to pull off.

I've only beaten the first policeman boss and then farmed my health to 15 stamina to 7 and the strength stat (motivity) to 12. I've gone for the caveman strength build - so far seems very good.

Soldato
Good news about the dodge and the parry. Those two things in the demo were putting me off buying (ps5). I loved the atmosphere and the story is intriguing. But yeah, not up to fromsofts standards, but seemingly has a place as it's own game.

Last edited:
Associate
I've been experimenting with various weapons and at the minute I've settled on an electrified club - it does huge damage and stuns enemies but remains quite quick.

The game plays like a cross between Dark Souls and Sekiro. The rally system is pretty cool - if you take damage whilst blocking the health you lose is greyed out and each hit you respond with to the same enemy earns your health back.

Another cool system is if you get to no heals left - every attack you connect with earns you a small chunk of your health pack back - it takes long enough to earn it back that it's not too easy but it's great when you think a boss has bested you and you managed to grab an extra heal to get the win.

Associate
Been enjoying this myself. Like the post above my favourite weapon at the moment is the electric club, builds up the electric affect and stuns enemies. Not sure if it does damage over time?
Takes me a few times to get bosses down but get there in the end lol not the best at these sort of games but keep plodding along.
The rally mechanic is good to, similar to what Bloodborne had. So it does reward you for being aggressive.
Lovely looking game to on the Series X.
So far would recommend it specially if you're on Gamepass.

Last edited:
Soldato
Spent about an hour with this yesterday and I'm not sure this is for me. Very hit and miss whether I can get a guard break or dodge correctly and combat ends up being a button masher. Got as far as the first boss, who wrecked me a number of times before I quit. Playing on the SX and the game looks almost monochromatic but performance seemed stable. Will give it another go this evening.

Associate
I tried the xcloud game pass version of this for an hour yesterday and then bought it for ps5. Loving it so far. It got the dank and urgency of Bloodborne, the left arm of sekiro and the enemy placement of souls. Proper love letter to From Soft. It also runs at a perfect 60fps and it bloody beautiful.

Associate
Don't be like me and sleep on weapon assembly. Pairing the wrench head with a quick handle is op. Pay attention that the blade and handle have matching slash/stab damage types and also scale with your motivity/advance or dex stats of choice. Another nice pairing is the fire dagger blade with the great sword handle for ranged fire damage.

Soldato
Lance McDonald said this is harder than all the souls games. Anyone agree? I thought the demo was hard but it was at the start of the game and wasn't the release version so not as fine tuned.

Associate
It's definitely hard - I had to farm for a while today to level my capacity stat so I could use my new weapon creation - the wrench head on the baton handle. This finally helped me beat the Cathedral boss who was pretty tough.

Associate
I've hit a bit of a wall with the swamp boss - his 2nd phase keeps beating me. I've had a couple of runs where I got close to beating him. I've tried both strength (wrench and baton handle) and also changed the build to advance (fire blade and crystal spear handle).

I think I'm being too aggressive in the 2nd phase which is fine when the spectre is alive but even when using the cube to give him health he never lasts the full fight.

Back
Top Bottom