Materazzi Insult to Zidane.

Consigliere
Big Kev said:
ZZ was deliberately baited and fell for it, hook, line and sinker and he has only himself to blame.

Regardless of how out of order the comment was, he's experienced enough to have ignored it and got his revenge on the pitch.

After the match is another matter, he could have taken him apart in the dressing room if he wanted.

:)

Man of Honour
Tru said:
lip reading is not an exact science.

After working and representing about 25 deaf and dumb workers over the years I completely and uttlerly disagree with you.

Anyway, Italy have proved 4 times, count them, 4 times that they are the best in the world.
England on the other hand have proved over and over again that all they will ever be is a quarter final sometimes semi final side.
It came as no surprise that Italy won and England got knocked out early - again.

Caporegime
Gilly said:
So fouls in the box aren't pens and offside goals should be allowed in WC finals?

It wasn't a foul, it was an accidental collision. IMO it shouldn't have been a penalty. It certainly wouldn't have been a free kick anywhere else on the pitch.

Also, according to FIFA's set rules before the world cup (using Cisse and Fowler as an example) if a player in an offside position when the ball is played doesn't touch the ball (like when Cisse jumped over the ball last season) and an onside player (in this case, Toni who WAS onside) scores then it's a goal.
Therefore, in FIFA's own case, that goal SHOULD have counted.

Jet

Jet

Soldato
dmpoole said:
After working and representing about 25 deaf and dumb workers over the years I completely and uttlerly disagree with you.

Anyway, Italy have proved 4 times, count them, 4 times that they are the best in the world.
England on the other hand have proved over and over again that all they will ever be is a quarter final sometimes semi final side.
It came as no surprise that Italy won and England got knocked out early - again.

So because Italy won it in 1934, 1938 and 1982 it was expected that they would win it? And because England don't have that record they won't?

Don't be silly. It has nothing to do with what nation it is. It has everything to do with what players you have and how they perform. What has Italy's world cup winning side of 1934 (probably mostly dead) got to do with 2006? Naff all. Italy had a good team this year and played well and England performed badly, it has nothing to do with previous records.

Quite what this has to do with the thread anyway is unclear.

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
Also, according to FIFA's set rules before the world cup (using Cisse and Fowler as an example) if a player in an offside position when the ball is played doesn't touch the ball (like when Cisse jumped over the ball last season) and an onside player (in this case, Toni who WAS onside) scores then it's a goal.

Apart from the fact that the BBC showed that 3 players were offside, including the guys who scored.

Soldato
I find this whole 'OMG Zidane has an aggressive side' reaction by some quite funny, how many have actually followed his career? He has always been known to have a dark side to his game, plenty of times for R.Madrid I've seen him give nasty little kicks/stamps with the ref missing them. Even for Juve and France he has been doing it but as he is a great player that is sometimes ignored ;) He is no saint but had he been a goodie two shoes he wouldn't of made it this far imo.

Big Kev said:
ZZ was deliberately baited and fell for it, hook, line and sinker and he has only himself to blame.

Regardless of how out of order the comment was, he's experienced enough to have ignored it and got his revenge on the pitch.

After the match is another matter, he could have taken him apart in the dressing room if he wanted.

You are probably right but that is easy to say. Zidane's fitness is not what it used to be so after 110mins his body is probably hurting as it is, he is trying his hardest to win the match and a player comes out and supposedly calls your ill mother a terrorist and a whore while she is ill in a hospital. Matterazi is a known wind up merchant so I'm not at all suprised he made out of order comments but I don't blame Zidane one bit here.

BoomAM said:
Di Rossi is one the fairest players you can meet.

Not the first time I've seen him elbow a player unprovoked, seen plenty of stamps from him as well again unprokoked. Good but reckless player.

Soldato
Jazz said:
Not the first time I've seen him elbow a player unprovoked, seen plenty of stamps from him as well again unprokoked. Good but reckless player.
I doubt how much you've seen him.
He's no more dirty than any other player. Yet he'll be branded a thug because of this World Cup.

Soldato
BoomAM said:
I doubt how much you've seen him.
He's no more dirty than any other player. Yet he'll be branded a thug because of this World Cup.

I've seen him stamp on a player in a match before the World cup for Italy, one of those friendly matches just before the world cup and they show a replay of him clearly stamping but getting away with it. I've also seen him do it for Roma before. Maybe everytime I see him he stamps or elbows players but is otherwise an angel.....

Soldato
Jazz said:
I've seen him stamp on a player in a match before the World cup for Italy, one of those friendly matches just before the world cup and they show a replay of him clearly stamping but getting away with it. I've also seen him do it for Roma before. Maybe everytime I see him he stamps or elbows players but is otherwise an angel.....
Maybe. I suppose we'll never know...;)
I dont think he's as dirty as they make out tbh.
He's certainly one of the most 'fair' players out, as ive pointed out several times one key example of that.
But again many players can be quite easyily accused of the same, yet they arnt branded as thugs are they? Double standards i think. :o

Last edited:
Man of Honour
NokkonWud said:
It wasn't a foul
Yes it was. He made the challenge and pulled out of it too late and clipped his heels. 100% a penalty.

NokkonWud said:
That wuld be fine had they not both been offside.

daz

daz

Soldato
Moonpie2 said:
I'm not saying I agree with the baiting with words, but there's is indeed still a line and Zidane crossed it.
Words don't = assault.

Yes, words can be assault. Assault is the apprehension that illegal force is about to be applied. I.e. "I'm going to smash your face in" can be technical assault.

Soldato
fozzybear said:
I doubt Materazzi has 14 career red cards unlike a certain ZZ. :)

Rofl! You know why... because the refs have all been bribed in the italian leagues! lol! Did you not see that video of some nice little challenges he has put in over the years. :p

Soldato
Zip said:
I dont know much about Soccer in England and there players and leagues but how hard was Vinnie Jones?

news-eurotrip-int-3.jpg
:D

He's looks really cross in that one! :eek:

Associate
They should just forget about it, i don't see how they can take any action. They can't exactly take one players word over the other.

I'm sure players say a lot of things on the park, but they don't react like this neither.

Soldato
leaskovski said:
Rofl! You know why... because the refs have all been bribed in the italian leagues!
Look at that. Another original joke. :o

Did you not see that video of some nice little challenges he has put in over the years. :p
Do you not comprehend that a compilation like that can make any player look bad?
Im sure we can make one that makes Terry look like a butcher just as easyily.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom