Mechanical keyboard

Suspended
My daughter wants a mechanical keyboard.

Can someone please recommend a decent one for max £100?

Her current cheap keyboard is showings its age.

She would like new keyboard to have lights too. She does game on the pc. Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
What layout? Style?

Take a look at the keychron site to get a feel for what sizes are out there, then you can look at style, switches etc. They also have plenty of RGB-ness

Last edited:
Soldato

Associate
Switches play a huge part in mechanical keyboard choice; and is the main reason that I have 5 custom mechanical keyboards.
If you're coding, typing, or playing non FPS games then some kind of silent tactile switch is generally the best choice (MX Browns, U4T Boba, Holy Panda, etc.)
However if you're mostly playing FPS games then linear switches are your friend.

For FPS gaming I can highly recommend the Wooting 60HE (although slightly over your price bracket) the linear magnetic switches are really nice.

Soldato
How old and what for? i went full custom about 4 months ago, and got my first TKL it was horrible crap because i game..
if she as a full size one now then get her a full size one, ignore the size snobs.

just buy any keyboard that match your needs and age.
if she is 10 and games dont buy a £100 keyboard, any mechanical keyboard is better than membrane crap.

as @Deathjester said, your really need to go to a shop... there is a massive high street one that as key testers on display.
i did about 5 untill i found the Logitech one that was for me. then i had Logitech for about 10 years.

Soldato
I quite like the basic non-rgb keyboards where poss like the Corsair K63/K65 or CM MasterKeys S

Might try a Keychron K3 Pro next which is much cheaper then the more well known brands.

Soldato
For mixed use I favour brown, I don't get on with linear switches even for gaming.

As others have mentioned, it's really worth taking her somewhere she can try some different ones out.

Back
Top Bottom