Men's Olympic Football Tournament ** spoilers **

Associate
Judging by the TV coverage the stadium seemed pretty quiet, it wasn't a great game either. I suppose the whole Team GB for football doesn't sit easily with many football fans, and Olympics football is pretty low on the priorities for football fans at the best of times so perhaps the relatively limited interest isn't that surprising. Interest probably won't pick up until GB play Brazil in the semi final, if GB beat South Korea and progress.

For British fans today belonged to Helen Glover, Heather Stanning and Bradley Wiggins, so that is probably the biggest reason why there's not much talk of the football, the sports fans interest is elsewhere right now.

Caporegime
Only sound was booing Suarez, through his National Anthem too, all for 'probs he might've made a racist comment going by Evra and we believe him more' . Get ****ed GB crowd

Soldato
Ignoring the Suarez situation, the same crowd were boo'ing Bellamy up until the end of the second game .. so yeah. Our support are a bit of a disgrace.

Man of Honour
OP
Second round update:

oly27.jpg

oly28.jpg

Associate
My dad who is on holiday rang me up at 8am to tell me he got me and my brother tickets to the w28 v w27 semi-final :D
Cost him £75 a ticket but he reckons we should atleast go to an event :)

Man of Honour
Ignoring the Suarez situation, the same crowd were boo'ing Bellamy up until the end of the second game .. so yeah. Our support are a bit of a disgrace.

I doubt it was exactly the same fans at every stadium....

I quite enjoyed it, atmosphere was electric walking through the city centre with a massive crowd round big screen cheering Wiggins announced as victor, it was one of those weird massive highs you get from big groups of people all buzzing and acting happy while outdoors.

Yes Suarez got a lot of stick but he didn't help himself by acting like a petulant child at times, also all four nations got cheers and support from the crowd, standing applause at end of anthems etc (including Uruguay). I wouldn't say it was the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at football but certainly no worse than e.g. England vs Switzerland I went to a few years back.

Security was really easy despite all the warnings, took maybe 10mins to get into the ground, wasn't convinced by how thorough it was though (you had to take items out of pockets and put in a plastic bag.... but I was carrying a coat and just held it out to the side while being frisked, I could have had knives in there or anything.

Only downside really was on the catering side, had to queue up for about 40mins to get food and they kept running out and having to be restocked.

Back
Top Bottom