Mister FPGA

Associate
I've got to get back into using the mister. I haven't updated it in a few years so fingers crossed on it not having changed so much that the update script bricks it!

Soldato
OP
I've got to get back into using the mister. I haven't updated it in a few years so fingers crossed on it not having changed so much that the update script bricks it!
id just set it up from scratch - you dont even use update_all anymore you use downloader now.

The n64/PS1 and saturn cores are fantastic, although i play on my CRT TV and Monitor, if you wanted to get original hardware and do the expensive mods for ps1 and n64 for hdmi these would set you back a pretty penny, not to mention everdrives for the n64 and ode for the ps1 and saturn are still not cheap.

Associate
id just set it up from scratch - you dont even use update_all anymore you use downloader now.

The n64/PS1 and saturn cores are fantastic, although i play on my CRT TV and Monitor, if you wanted to get original hardware and do the expensive mods for ps1 and n64 for hdmi these would set you back a pretty penny, not to mention everdrives for the n64 and ode for the ps1 and saturn are still not cheap.

Just out of interest; I take it the Saturn & N64 cores aren't official yet?

I've seen the updates on X plus a few Youtube channels show them off but not checked their status yet.

Soldato
OP
Just out of interest; I take it the Saturn & N64 cores aren't official yet?

I've seen the updates on X plus a few Youtube channels show them off but not checked their status yet.
Not official yet no, though theres a script to add them into the update all.

Both though look to be about 80% complete - the rate the n64 has gone though it will be 100% before the saturn since the guy doing the saturn core is in ukraine its amazing he's been able to keep develping it given whats gone on.

N64 core details are here with what you need - https://vampier.net/N64/

You can play to completion vast quanties of games on both systems though, playing perfectly too for a lot of games on both systems.

The other newish cores you would have missed, neo geo cd, neo geo pocket is set to launch shortly

Associate
Not official yet no, though theres a script to add them into the update all.

Both though look to be about 80% complete - the rate the n64 has gone though it will be 100% before the saturn since the guy doing the saturn core is in ukraine its amazing he's been able to keep develping it given whats gone on.

N64 core details are here with what you need - https://vampier.net/N64/

You can play to completion vast quanties of games on both systems though, playing perfectly too for a lot of games on both systems.

The other newish cores you would have missed, neo geo cd, neo geo pocket is set to launch shortly

Thank you. I might hang on for the cores to go official but that great news. I have been playing around with some of the PC Ports recently (Ship of Harkinian for example) so I think I can wait a bit more, but might look into your suggestion.

I didn't realise Neo Geo CD wasn't already part of MiSTer if I'm honest. I can't think of any Neo Geo CD games I'd be bothered about given the very small number of exclusives to that system. Neo Geo Pocket is cool tough.

Although as an aside I did purchase the 8bitdo Neo Geo controller and have tested it on MiSTer. Seems to work fine in the core, however does an odd thing where I can't progress the overall mapping of he controller in the main menu (i.e. where you use the user button, esc or enter to progress the button you are remapping). I've haven't looked into it enough to see if that's a known issue or just my issue.

Thanks again.

Soldato
OP
Thank you. I might hang on for the cores to go official but that great news. I have been playing around with some of the PC Ports recently (Ship of Harkinian for example) so I think I can wait a bit more, but might look into your suggestion.

I didn't realise Neo Geo CD wasn't already part of MiSTer if I'm honest. I can't think of any Neo Geo CD games I'd be bothered about given the very small number of exclusives to that system. Neo Geo Pocket is cool tough.

Although as an aside I did purchase the 8bitdo Neo Geo controller and have tested it on MiSTer. Seems to work fine in the core, however does an odd thing where I can't progress the overall mapping of he controller in the main menu (i.e. where you use the user button, esc or enter to progress the button you are remapping). I've haven't looked into it enough to see if that's a known issue or just my issue.

Thanks again.
honestly you dont want to wait for them to be official - they both have mostly perfect game experiences and it could be a year or more before both officially are official.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
The n64 core is amazing, you do really need a crt tv to enjoy it properly though i feel, while i havent tried the n64 core over hdmi yet, it looks pretty bad on a lot of games even on my CRT diamontron monitor, same goes for ps1 and saturn for the 3d games.

ryu

ryu

Associate
What are the hardware limitations with this? like does it have the capabilities of running anything more demanding than the N64? PS2 for example?

Soldato
What are the hardware limitations with this? like does it have the capabilities of running anything more demanding than the N64? PS2 for example?
If you go back a few years it wasn't even expected we'd see any PS1 support, yet here we are now on the verge of N64.

I don't think it will go much further than this, but who knows.

Last edited:

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
MARSFPGA should release with Dreamcast and Atomiswave support and Naomi to follow. It's going to be about ~£700 when it comes out though!

Soldato

So I've just installed from fresh with Mr Fusion 2.9 and 'update' doesn't download any cores/roms that I can see. I thought the latest Mr Fusion builds included the 'downloader' as detailed below?

Do I still need the update all script, at least initially?

Back
Top Bottom