Mister FPGA

Associate
If the games are running well I'd say no :).

I know :p

Are you running the Saturn core?

Even on the official MiSTer forums is tends to be just those with problems on the V2.5 rather than anyone saying the core runs well on that version of the memory. I will try and find some games that let me hammer the core for an hour or two. So far I been playing games in short burst 10-15mins.

EDIT: Played Sega Rally for a good while and managed to trigger a loss of background audio - sound effects still present. So I think that and the white screen I induced before is probably indicative of the issues with the V2.5 module. Still feels like this is a well behaved module but ultimately if I want more consistent performance with Saturn need to upgrade :(

Last edited:
Associate
Need to update to check it out. Still not ordered new memory yet.

Have read that the main developer is moving on from the N64 core to pursue other projects. So that might slow up development although there are issues with DDR3 latency. Albeit the N64 will still be the most accurate way to play N64 outside of original hardware.

Also there is a Turbo N64 core too which can on some titles speed up frame rates.

Soldato
OP
Impressive if it can do n64 at full speed.
it can do better than that, theres a turbo core which boosts FPS on games that struggled. Theres two games that are not fully playable or have some issues, Conkers bad fur day and something else which escapes me, playable but with issues. Its a really impressive core - i use it at 240p/120hz on my diamontron monitor and it looks glorious.

Soldato
OP
I tried Mario 64 with my usual 8bit do pad and couldn't run forward for some reason. Anyone else tried it yet?
yes it works fine. You might have to remap controls in the core if you havent done it before. I use the N64 switch controller with mine and it works a treat. (xbox and 8bit do controllers also work fine for me)

Associate
Received my new V3.0 128MB module today (on the right). Ran it through some games on Saturn, NeoGeo and 32X cores. All fine and haven't had one crash or audio issues. Posts 150Mhz on the built-in speed test too (admittedly only after a few minutes).

D6aPO2Ql.jpg

Back
Top Bottom