mot failure

Associate
the car failed at a certain mot station, so i ordered parts to replace on the drive which they said needed doing, now going off my other thread with the rounded off wheel bolt too the car to another garage today and it passed, the previous garage go it all wrong or just trying it on with the failures.

todays mot this is a
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Front Anti-roll bar linkage pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement BOTH FRONT ANTI ROLL BAR (D) BUSHES SLIGHT PLAY (5.3.4 (a) (i))
the car is on coilovers so the sway bar technicaly is not needed he got it up on the lift and shown me the slight play.

shocking

Last edited:
Soldato
It varies from garage to garage, it is a highly imperfect system.

Some guy even told my brother that if he wants an MOT certificate to just phone him and not have to bring the car.
Illegal and my brother refused but people must be getting away with that for some guy to offer it.

Associate
OP
So what did the first place fail it on?
  • Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i)), replaced these myself last year.
  • Nearside Front Lower Suspension arm ball joint dust cover no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (5.3.4 (b) (ii))
  • Nearside Front Macpherson strut damaged but not seriously weakened play in damper shaft (5.3.3 (b) (i))
he also said he could shake the strut from side to side massive play

Associate
  • Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i)), replaced these myself last year.
  • Nearside Front Lower Suspension arm ball joint dust cover no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (5.3.4 (b) (ii))
  • Nearside Front Macpherson strut damaged but not seriously weakened play in damper shaft (5.3.3 (b) (i))
he also said he could shake the strut from side to side massive play
i would keep that car its one in a million:) obviously a self healing car:))

Back
Top Bottom