Motherboard for white build

Associate
Hi All,

It's time for me to do a full upgrade and this time I'm looking at doing a fully clean white build, I haven't been able to find many white boards on the AMD side, so feel like that's making my decision for me to go Intel.

The two boards I'm looking at are the following:

Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Apex
or
Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Formula

My question is which would people recommend, I know the Apex has been around a little longer and the formula is part of the 14th Gen refresh that Asus put out recently, but performance wise does the Apex still edge out the formula?

Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.

Man of Honour
I haven't been able to find many white boards on the AMD side, so feel like that's making my decision for me to go Intel.
B760M Gaming Plus (not the ATX one) has white heatsinks and is natively 14th gen.

Other white (heatsink or PCB) boards:
MSI Edge, e.g. B650 Edge.
MSI X670E Gaming Plus.
Asus Strix -A, e.g. B650-A or X670E-A.
NZXT N7.
ASRock Steel Legend, Taichi Carrera or Pro RS.
Gigabyte Elite ICE.

performance wise does the Apex still edge out the formula?
Are you talking about overclocking the memory?

Last edited:
Soldato
If you are doing a whole new build it may be worth hanging on to see 5090/Zen5? Neither are supposedly too far away and likely to launch this year

Soldato
Hi All,

It's time for me to do a full upgrade and this time I'm looking at doing a fully clean white build, I haven't been able to find many white boards on the AMD side, so feel like that's making my decision for me to go Intel.

The two boards I'm looking at are the following:

Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Apex
or
Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Formula

My question is which would people recommend, I know the Apex has been around a little longer and the formula is part of the 14th Gen refresh that Asus put out recently, but performance wise does the Apex still edge out the formula?

Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't spend that much!!

If going intel Id get this, I'm very happy with it:

£760 (incl. VAT)
£700 (incl. VAT)
£720 (incl. VAT)
£660 (incl. VAT)
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom