MotoGP 2023 + Fantasy Team

Soldato
OP
What was silly about it?
I know you haven't asked me but for me it was silly that he went for it and managed to pull it off. He came from so far back on tyres at the end of their life, most riders couldn't make that overtake and do it perfectly. Marc has always been incredible on tyres that are way past their best though. I think this is how he's going to have an advantage on Pecco and Jorge in the coming races.

Associate
Re Last lap.
Peco looked about the same distance to JM as MM was to Peco, but somehow MM managed to not only out brake him, but also make both apexes.

Great weekend again.
A shame Acosta had an off. Fast all weekend.
Digi and FQ in the mix a bit.

Tricky situation for Ducati.
Would MM demand the factory team? If not, probably PB and JM in the works team, MM in the satellite team. (2025 bike, less media commitments than the works team.)

Last edited:
Soldato
I know you haven't asked me but for me it was silly that he went for it and managed to pull it off. He came from so far back on tyres at the end of their life, most riders couldn't make that overtake and do it perfectly. Marc has always been incredible on tyres that are way past their best though. I think this is how he's going to have an advantage on Pecco and Jorge in the coming races.

I wasn't sure how to read the "silly" comment. I wasn't sure if it was silly that MM went for it in the first place (which I didn't agree with) or silly that it's possible to ride like that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tricky situation for Ducati.
Would MM demand the factory team? If not, probably PB and JM in the works team, MM in the satellite team. (2025 bike, less media commitments than the works team.)

I'm sure that if Martin doesn't get the factory ride he'll be off elsewhere. Aprilia would be my guess. If that happens then Marquez will be on the factory bike with Bastianini on a factory spec bike at Pramac.

Or, Martin gets the factory seat. Marquez gets a factory spec bike at Gresini and Bastianini joins Aprilia.

Soldato
OP
I'm sure that if Martin doesn't get the factory ride he'll be off elsewhere. Aprilia would be my guess. If that happens then Marquez will be on the factory bike with Bastianini on a factory spec bike at Pramac.

Or, Martin gets the factory seat. Marquez gets a factory spec bike at Gresini and Bastianini joins Aprilia.

Unless Pramac do the off to Yamaha, rumours just aren't going away. Then there will be 2 2025 bikes available for either VR46 or Grissini.

Soldato
Unless Pramac do the off to Yamaha, rumours just aren't going away. Then there will be 2 2025 bikes available for either VR46 or Grissini.

I must have been living under a rock, I hadn't see talk of that. I guess Yamaha would make the deal commercially extremely interesting, they'd have to in order to make someone want their bike right now.

Soldato
OP
I must have been living under a rock, I hadn't see talk of that. I guess Yamaha would make the deal commercially extremely interesting, they'd have to in order to make someone want their bike right now.

Been reported that they'll give them factory level bikes for free to go there. Still they have 2 factory level bikes and the best bikes on the grid at the moment. Money talks though.

Soldato
OP
So listening to The Paddock Pass Podcast today and The Race podcast the talk in the paddock is Pramac to Yamaha for free bikes and money. Their factory Ducati bikes will go one bike each to VR46 and Grisini. There is also talk that KTM might be trying to snatch Jorge back from Ducati, he came up through the KTM. You have to imagine that would mean Binder dropped to GasGas, which would seem harsh but it would be tough to turn down Jorge if it were possible to get him. Pedro and Jorge would be some team for KTM.

Soldato
I wasn't sure how to read the "silly" comment. I wasn't sure if it was silly that MM went for it in the first place (which I didn't agree with) or silly that it's possible to ride like that.
Yea I meant silly that he managed it at that stage in the race after having to battle through the pack. On first watch I thought he was way too far back and about to wipe pecco out and every other watch it looked the same. still have no idea how he made it.

Back
Top Bottom