Motorcycle Live / NEC Birmingham - anyone going?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Always preferred the Ally Pally one as we could get there on public transport in an hour. NEC was okay (this is going back to the 1990s), but being designated driver really sucked for whoever got the short straw.
Yep, another reason is CBA to go alone, I asked few of my mates, but everyone is busy that week.

Soldato
Won’t bother with this anymore, price is quite extortionate now for what they really offer, deals aren’t good anymore, can still get 99% of items cheaper online.

Only reason to go is to have a look at a potential bike you’re interested in but then why pay for that instead of just going to the main dealer.

Caporegime
OP
Won’t bother with this anymore, price is quite extortionate now for what they really offer, deals aren’t good anymore, can still get 99% of items cheaper online.

Only reason to go is to have a look at a potential bike you’re interested in but then why pay for that instead of just going to the main dealer.

I go just to see all the latest toys, see what others are riding, get ideas, see the expos, etc. I think it's a fantastic day out for anyone interested in biking tbh.

Soldato

I used to go all the time back in the '80's - '90's, but the cost is ridiculous now for a ticket, plus the rip off parking charges.
I just go to a dealer to have a look now too.

Soldato
I go just to see all the latest toys, see what others are riding, get ideas, see the expos, etc. I think it's a fantastic day out for anyone interested in biking tbh.
Yeah for a fairly new biker I suppose it makes sense to go and enjoy the day but when you’ve been 5-6 times, it’s just the same thing every year :p

Soldato
True, this will be my second time in 3/4 years so it's still fairly fresh for me.
Give it a couple more years and you'll be as jaded as the rest of us old *****. :D
My main years of going was pre internet so it was brilliant to see so many bikes in one place and to buy kit you didn't usually see.

Back
Top Bottom