My wife told me I'm fat...

Soldato
And she's right.

I definitely overeat, I love eating.

I'm 35, 5'10", and 215 lbs currently.
I work a sedentary job and only walk for exercise.

So I'm basically going to 16-8 fast and work to a calorie deficit. I'm replacing weekday lunches with Proteinworks Meal Replacements and maybe over the weekends too... I'll do my best to keep track on here.

Day 1 was yesterday.
17500 steps
1500 calorie goal
1,181 consumed
718 active.

Deficit of 1037.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm in a similar position, but turning 50 this month. Joined a 6 week introductory offer at a local gym/trainer place, followed his nutritional programme, doing training/HIIT 3 times a week and lost 13lb in 2 weeks. Even in that time i feel immeasurably better, both phsyically and mentally. I'm waiting for the wheels to fall off, but enjoying the ride.

Soldato
And she's right.

I definitely overeat, I love eating.

I'm 35, 5'10", and 215 lbs currently.
I work a sedentary job and only walk for exercise.

So I'm basically going to 16-8 fast and work to a calorie deficit. I'm replacing weekday lunches with Proteinworks Meal Replacements and maybe over the weekends too... I'll do my best to keep track on here.

Day 1 was yesterday.
17500 steps
1500 calorie goal
1,181 consumed
718 active.

Deficit of 1037.

I'd recommend getting a bike (if you haven't got one), great exercise and doesn't put strain on things like your knees, hips, ankles and back like running can do.

Soldato
Good luck with your goal!

I’ve been on this journey myself, so if I may, a couple of suggestions:

Start small and build up. For example, you may choose that to start, you’re going to do fasting. Do this for 2-4 weeks, then add something else on. Keep adding parts on until you’re doing them all.

This helps because it can be difficult to try and focus on doing everything all at the beginning. Not for the first few days, but as the willpower slips a little, it can fall apart.

Aim for a smaller calorie deficit - it’s imperative you’re still taking on sufficient protein and fibre. If you need to, buy a fibre supplement such as vita fibre.

Constipation due to diet/calorie deficit is real and it can become quite tiresome.

It’s not about being perfect 3 days a week, it’s about being good 7 days a week. Consistency is king.

Join a walking/hiking club. It’ll make your walks less boring - after a while, they can begin to feel like a chore. Podcasts help too. I personally really like Simon Sinek’s “A little bit of optimism”.

Again though - not all at once :)

Good luck!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Pretty sure that calorie deficit will be a one off, very light dinner and I got lost on a Pokemon Go walk with child number 2. :cry:

I'm happy fasting (dont generally eat breakfast anyway), and 1 meal replacement is easy.

I would like to start doing some weights down the line, but need to get into a routine first, as you guys say.

I used to cycle a lot a few years ago, commuting MTB about 75 miles a week, I was super fit. Lost job due to Covid now work from home.

Last edited:
Soldato
A 1000 calorie deficit sounds quite big. Maybe on the odd day when you do nothing at all active, but if you are being active too, maybe a smaller one would be more sustainable.

Good luck! (and get back into cycling!!! ;))

Last edited:
Soldato
If you're looking for results - try cutting your carbs. Doesn't have to be to 0, but having a healthy breakfast and cutting out chips, crisps and cakes can make quite a difference.

I've lost about a stone in the past month going quite hard on the carbs (full Keto for 3 weeks). Now I'm looking to mostly just maintian this weight by reducing the number of bad carbs I'm eating.

Last edited:
Soldato
Because you use your energy through the day, not the night.
Doesn't work like that. Calorie timing has been shown to be basically completely irrelevant to fat loss. Your body is more than capable of storing and using energy when needed.
Yeah, I never really got this. To me it logically didn't make sense.

The suggestion is, for example if you only ate one big meal a day, eating 2k cals at 10am wont make you fat but eating them at 10pm will... it just doesn't make sense to me? It's all about the overall in and out...

Also, OP come over to the weight loss thread, lots of help and ideas there too.

Caporegime
Jeez, imagine if this was the other way around and you told your wife she was fat.

Imagine not being able to tell your wife/husband to sort themselves out. I'd 100% rather they told me than living a life ignorant to it.

OP - have you thought about lifting? 3 sessions a week will see you look better, and can probably lose less weight whilst feeling better and living longer.

Soldato
Imagine not being able to tell your wife/husband to sort themselves out. I'd 100% rather they told me than living a life ignorant to it.

OP - have you thought about lifting? 3 sessions a week will see you look better, and can probably lose less weight whilst feeling better and living longer.

It was a joke, please don't glass me.

Back
Top Bottom