New Headphone DAC/AMP

Soldato
I'm half looking for a dac/amp want something to use either in car rca input, via iphone to remove carplay 'lossless' from the signal path,
or to use at home/office from a laptop/phone into home system aux in.

Mojo battery lifetime seems a concern, without a clear diy/reasonably-priced mftr process to replace it; but, if it fails could subsequently use a powerbank;
as I would be doing from the outset with other products, maybe it's internal battery may provide a smoother supply.

The new fio ka17 looks interesting, with a on the go usb connector on the phone.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-ka17.26982/
(I don't understand if apple otg connector will directly send current directly via usb to the dac or, if the current go to the phone which then sends it back to the device,
such that phone might complain that dac is consuming too much ?)

I suspect mojo priced reduction was more as a result of competition, not the cheaper semi-conductors post covid excuse.

optical input on mojo is nice to have though, as could use on streaming dongles chromecast audio or wilm

Is that Element going to be better than a Mojo 2?

I'm, really struggling now to see anything past one.

You seem very keen to get the Mojo 2, I own and love the Mojo 2, one of my favourite audio devices since the 3rd Gen iPod, it's an amazing little amp/dac, so versatile, I used mine as a standalone DAC for my desktop amp for over a year, performed very well, will it power the 660s?, yes, I've enjoyed my 6XX's through the Mojo 2 a lot, but my desktop amp definitely is a step up.

My final recommendation is,

or from China you can get it just under your budget, they are a trusted company,

Back
Top Bottom