New Star Trek series - 2017

Soldato
What time period is it going to be set in? As it's subscription only, I wonder if there's still a lack of faith in any new Trek TV series.

The new television series is not related to the upcoming feature film Star Trek Beyond which is scheduled to be distributed by Paramount Pictures in summer 2016.

Qel

Qel

Associate
Doubt it could be anything other now.
They reset the clock, they can do what they like now.

Yes but I believe there is some issue with rights, e.g. CBS own the TV series and Paramount own the Movies so whether they would want to set it in the universe created by another company or not?

Associate
Probably a Star Fleet Academy Drama thing. One Tree Hill in 2200....

from the article on startrek.com
The brand-new Star Trek will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.

thankfully it doesn't sound like an Academy series.

Soldato
from the article on startrek.com

thankfully it doesn't sound like an Academy series.

I dunno. There was a long time idea (I think for an animated series) set 200 years after TNG where the Federation was much diminished and fighting enemies on all sides. The crew were all going to be young, but I don't think it ever came to anything.

Soldato
Hope it has at least some recurrent and arcing threads like DS9 managed.
Still the best series by far, the first several TNG seasons are tough to watch now, bar the big episodes.

Soldato
Hope its of the quality of visuals and writing as past tv shows. would be nice to be set say 10 years after voyager got back, that or tng era.

Hope they dont change it dramaitically like totally new uniforms and standards.

I wonder if it will be set on an enterprise ship or some other reg ship.

Please dont have anything like the new films cos id hate that too be in a tv series. What they should do is have that idea of riker in his own ship.

Back
Top Bottom