Newbie alarm - jumper laptops any good?

Associate
Please be kind

Looking for a laptop, ideally £250 budget and from Amazon as have vouchers. Jumper keeps coming up but know nothing about them. Spec I was looking at was 512gb ssd, 16gb ram, 15+ screen size

The one from jumper I found uses celerin rather than core i5 - is that an issue?

Will be used purely for light work, excel spreadsheets, word docs, email, surfing and connection to my dj controller for music, photos etc - nothing hardcore, no gaming, presentations, databases etc

Any advice what to buy for around £250?

Appreciate your help and advice!

Soldato
i know the one you mean i think.
its hard to beat the spec and price point.
i think it would b fine for your needs,
Celerons are basically full CPUs with defects in some fasion that dont quiet make the mark. which can be a good thing for heat and power efficency.

it looks to be running windows 10 but there isnt any mention of what os is actually running on it.

i've jad a jumper tablet from them and for what i wanted a cheap tablet for reading it works well, but had issues. like your self it was a very cheap option and good for what i wanted.
they have done some very interesting products in the past.

my only real comment based on a look is its running windows 10. but some reviews mention windows 11. bear in mind windows 10 is end of life shortly.

having a look around i couldnt really see anything better. alternative offerings had less ram and harddisk space as example.

personally i'd wait for a difeerant brand, but your adding at.
i agree ideally you want 16gb. a lot of machines are coming with solder ram to the motherboard meaning no upgrades possible.

the thing i hate about the rain forest is the choices you have arent really well vetted or its hard to work out whats reburbished some times.

the price point your basically looking at refurbished machines or chines branded machines

Soldato
I've never heard of Jumper, it's not a major laptop brand. If you are going to pick a relatively unknown brand, make sure you read the customer reviews carefully, and they are reviews for that exact laptop (not other products the company makes).

Personally I would spend a bit more to go with an established brand, even if it means a bit lower spec, as I know I'll get reasonable quality and better customer support. E.g.

Acer Aspire 3 A315-24 15.6-inch Laptop - (Athlon Silver 7120U, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, 1920 x 1080 Display, Windows 11, Silver) £299.99

Back
Top Bottom