** NHL & Ice Hockey Discussion **

Soldato
Dallas fell to the weak point we all knew they had - poor goaltending. IMO if that had a top 5 or even top 10 Goalie they could have won the cup. Lehtonen is a nice guy but just isn't at that level.
But over the whole series I liked the way the Blues shut their offence down and just took their chances when they got them. Sometimes you know a team will outshoot you, but you just limit their scoring chances and put yours away. It was the same Round 1, could be the same in WCF and will probably be the same in the final (certainly if we play Pens).

Gotta hand it to Tampa - they are the most improve team from Reg to Playoffs. Really stepped up their game. I grew up liking Pens and always enjoyed Lightning too and my brother liked the Sharks when we were kids so overall despite wanting the Blues to win 100 times more I'll be happy with any of the current 4. But if the Sharks get passed us I'd like them to win their first. I have jerseys from all the current 4 teams so I can support whoever I like if the Blues fall short :p

But the way we are playing...it could well be the best chance in their 50 year history. 50th anniversary next season, with the Winter Classic in town too and current champs would be the perfect celebration! Come on Blues!

Soldato
My lad has just rang me to say that he's been contacted by Braehead Clans ex coach with a view to trialing and joining his junior team in Canada. He's detailed him on the universities there and billeting etc.
God i wish i had that kind of opportunity laid before me at the age of 18.

Soldato
Currently in San Jose for a works conference. Just managed to bag some tickets for tonight's game. Really excited as never been to a game before . Should be a blast :cool:

I'm sure it was better for you than it was me. haha.
Terrible 2 games from the Blues. Sharks are just shutting us down easily - their style just seems to be a hard counter to ours

I think getting the series to 2-2 is now hugely important to then try and gain some momentum in our play back at home.

Associate
right lads ive been catching a bit of hockey on premier sports and i want to try and get more into it.

where do i start? do i need to get a NHL.tv subscription? how should i decide on what team to follow? are there any main social media sites or websites i should know about?

any help appreciated

Soldato
Jones is keeping the Sharks in this - but then you'd expect that against this Penguins team as they have a lot of offence.

I'm pretty torn as I always liked the Penguins but I also like seeing teams win for the first time.

I can see this being a home team win each game and the Pens taking it in 7. But it's very tough to call. This next game is critical. If the Pens take it I can see them going back home and wining it in 5. Both teams are playing well so i'm just happy to see good hockey.

Soldato
right lads ive been catching a bit of hockey on premier sports and i want to try and get more into it.

where do i start? do i need to get a NHL.tv subscription? how should i decide on what team to follow? are there any main social media sites or websites i should know about?

any help appreciated

If you're getting really into it I think NHL.TV is a good buy but if you already sub to premier sports for other things maybe just stick with that until you want to watch all the games from 1 team.
If you only watch NHL on there maybe look at getting NHL.TV instead.

Just follow a team you like to watch - for their style of play. If you enjoy offensive speed/skill - teams like the Penguins, Sharks, Lightning, Stars, Blackhawks are good bets.

If you want entertaining, high scoring games with some insane skillful plays, and horrible mistakes all from team watch the Flames./Bluejackets

For a more balanced team, the likes of Capitals, Blues, Ducks are good.

Honestly though you can't go wrong with most of them - then just see who you end up preferring naturally.

Associate
If you're getting really into it I think NHL.TV is a good buy but if you already sub to premier sports for other things maybe just stick with that until you want to watch all the games from 1 team.
If you only watch NHL on there maybe look at getting NHL.TV instead.

Just follow a team you like to watch - for their style of play. If you enjoy offensive speed/skill - teams like the Penguins, Sharks, Lightning, Stars, Blackhawks are good bets.

If you want entertaining, high scoring games with some insane skillful plays, and horrible mistakes all from team watch the Flames./Bluejackets

For a more balanced team, the likes of Capitals, Blues, Ducks are good.

Honestly though you can't go wrong with most of them - then just see who you end up preferring naturally.

will i be able to get the NHL.TV on my PS4 do you know? cant seem to find it.

Associate
Well, the Penguins win, making mini-deej happy and also keeping up the streak of Pittsburg winning the cup on away games.

Here's to all the off season trade shenanigans about to occur.

Soldato
Fun game last night - congrats to Pittsburgh. Great post-season from them and they were the best team and fully deserve the cup. I wasn't opposed to the Sharks winning their first but I'm happy with a Penguins win.

And after the disappointment in the WCF when the Blues lost...in all honesty as touched on a while back there was no way the Blues would have beaten this Penguins team anyway.

Roll on next season now....although It's nice to have extra free time for a few months now it's finished :p

Back
Top Bottom