Oculus Rift $599.00 (£410) fair price?

Associate
I thought I read somewhere months ago that the target retail price for the consumer version was going to be around $300? At £500 I'm not interested, at least not until I'm convinced the experience will be mind blowing.

Soldato
I preordered to keep my place, but I will probably cancel this in hindsight. £500 just sounds excessive considering the competition coming to the market.

They just took long with this.

Incidentally how much does this differ from the DK2 out of interest?

Associate
I preordered to keep my place, but I will probably cancel this in hindsight. £500 just sounds excessive considering the competition coming to the market.

They just took long with this.

Incidentally how much does this differ from the DK2 out of interest?

Paid about £320 for DK2 with shipping, sold it a few months ago and made £100 profit :D

Soldato
Sorry I meant how much it differs in terms of specs :D

I think the DK2 isn't 1080p and the final rift is supposed to be?

DK2 is 1080p and standard lenses, CV1 is 1200p and fresnel lenses
to be honest I think its all the extra tat that has inflated the price - I don't need headphones or an xbox controller

Soldato
DK2 is 1080p and standard lenses, CV1 is 1200p and fresnel lenses
to be honest I think its all the extra tat that has inflated the price - I don't need headphones or an xbox controller

Ah thanks for this.

What are Fresnel lenses exactly?

To be honest, I could have done without the games, but do need the xbox controller.

Soldato
I also had £350 in mind, the problem is if the price is too high people won't buy it'll lose support and die, I'm guessing they won't let that happen and start price cutting especially when Morpheus etc. arrive

Back
Top Bottom