Poll: Official 2023 Italian Grand Prix Thread - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Round 15

You know what to do, marks out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Good racing. Only caught the ch4 highlights but that runs at 2.5hrs anyway lol :confused:

Sainz lasted a lot longer than I gave him credit but I just feel Max and RB were being overly arrogant and playing with him a bit. They know their car is so much faster they could get to halfway through the race and not be fussed about being P2. When do those RB wind tunnel penalties take effect again, lols.

As always, it’s great to see the racing through the field but it takes a massive shine off of the experience seeing Verstappen winning so easily again.

Edit: I’m not sure why people are hating on Perez after this race particularly. Yes he took his time getting past the Ferraris but he’s still p2 and only 6 (?) seconds behind Max.
It’s about consistency, not sheer pace. The Ferrari’s were setup to dominate the straights but at the cost of more tyre wear - it only became “easy” for the RBs once the Ferrari’s ate their tyres.

The amazing part is how through all those attempts, none of them took out the others front wing ;)

Associate
Sainz driver of the day and well deserved, a sterling fight. At the same time Albon did exactly the same if not more for the whole race , somewhere near the end it looked like Norris got by and Albon took it back again , wasnt shown on Sky .. unless the scorecard had a moment or two.

Really impressed with Albon this particularly this year, ok his Williams team-mates have flattered him a little, but he still seems to be punching well above his weight. Despite being a thoroughy likeable bloke, he's gone from lucky to get another chance ( out the wrong end of the Rebull machine , perhaps rescued by local oil sponsorship ) to very much deserving his place in F1, hope he continues his part in the Williams resurgence.

Last edited:
Commissario
Didn't see the race yesterday and looks like I didn't miss much. 10 in a row is incredible but to be in September and only have 1 constructor win a race all season is not good.
They have such a fantastic car, I think they're going to stuff all records and win every race of the season with one or other of their drivers.

Soldato
They have such a fantastic car, I think they're going to stuff all records and win every race of the season with one or other of their drivers.
I do too. That was a big enough challenge in the days where there were 16 races a year (looking at you 1988), let alone today when there's 492. It would take something catastrophic to stop them, although if Max did have a DNF it's hardly a given that Perez would win :D

Associate
Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff says Max Verstappen's record 10-race winning streak would not be "important" for him and is "for Wikipedia".

Wolff is s miserable and jealous sod! He wouldnt be saying that if it were Ham!
Agreed - people complain about Horner but Wolf isn't much better, especially when they're losing.

Soldato
No there isn’t, but am I right in assuming only a select few do this gesture?

'No love lost' would imply they dislike each other, that's what confused me.

I don't think it's wildly out of the ordinary for drivers who get along (or at least don't dislike each other) to apologise if they've made a mistake.

Caporegime
No there isn’t, but am I right in assuming only a select few do this gesture?

I don't think it's wildly out of the ordinary for drivers who get along (or at least don't dislike each other) to apologise if they've made a mistake.

What's unusual is any driver admitting they're in the wrong...

Last edited:
Caporegime
God redbull need to employ a half decent second driver. Perez beyond embarrassing at this point.
Checo is second in the standings and was second yesterday. That’s what they expect from their second driver. They won’t hire anyone who will challenge Max. Hell when Checo tweeted earlier this season after his good run that he wanted to be WDC he was forced to delete the tweet and another appeared soon after without any mention of becoming WDC. If you go to RB you should know your place. Max’s whipping boy, and constant second thought for the team. It’s one reason drivers like Lando should stay the hell away from them, they’ll NEVER get a fair shake at winning the title While it’s Max’s team.

Caporegime
Sainz driver of the day and well deserved, a sterling fight. At the same time Albon did exactly the same if not more for the whole race , somewhere near the end it looked like Norris got by and Albon took it back again , wasnt shown on Sky .. unless the scorecard had a moment or two.

Really impressed with Albon this particularly this year, ok his Williams team-mates have flattered him a little, but he still seems to be punching well above his weight. Despite being a thoroughy likeable bloke, he's gone from lucky to get another chance ( out the wrong end of the Rebull machine , perhaps rescued by local oil sponsorship ) to very much deserving his place in F1, hope he continues his part in the Williams resurgence.
He’s grown and improved as a driver immensely at Williams and George wasn’t just doing a mate a favour by recommending him to Williams. I suspect he’s caught the eye of a few teams who could do a lot worse.
If Williams can improve their factory, and it’s embarrassing that other teams are blocking capital expenditure outside the cost cap that Williams haven’t been able to afford when RB, Mercedes and Ferrari were spending two or three times the cost cap per season, they could be a force in the future.

Soldato
Gave it a 5, there was some action but generally boring. Lewis once again showed that he's struggling to cleanly overtake when he hasn't got massive performance advantage over the other car

Soldato
Gave it a 5, there was some action but generally boring. Lewis once again showed that he's struggling to cleanly overtake when he hasn't got massive performance advantage over the other car
LMAO..the mental gymnasitcs in this place is hilarious...you literally described what EVERY F1 drivers main problem is.
Once again..if its Max it's " Skill and Hard racing"...when its Ham it becomes whatever is the worst thing possible.

Back
Top Bottom