Official 2024 British Touring Car Championship Thread

Man of Honour
BTCC-1.png

The 2024 BTCC season kicks off this weekend with a (very) wet looking Donington National Circuit today; no running at all so far today! On ITV 4 live!

Associate
Watched the first BTCC race, and also The Minis

Latter race had a chancer jump onto slicks, and won from last to first

BTCC all on wets that disintegrated - waited so long track was dry in places

Don
Both the second and third races were great - the hybrid change seems to have made a decent difference this year.

Can't say I'm a fan of them adding an additional rule regarding tyre usage as well - will almost be lucky dip as to who wins, but will have to see how it works out at the next event.

Shame about the first race, but I think it was wise to err on the side of caution with the rivers that were going across the track.

Associate
Thought the third race was great with some close battles - shame that the Huff appeared to drop off once Moffet had got through as could have been a good battle between evenly matched cars.

Will have to see how season develops but early signs look like we may get a close one and some of the repeat of the Sutton vs Ingram show battle - The Ford doesn't look like its a different category this year.

As a side note - royally annoyed with ITV and BTTV (EE) - switched onto their IP TV service which on the whole is great and don't watch a lot of ITV content so hadn't noticed a difference however this was first BTCC meeting since I switched. ITV locks you fastforwarding through adverts on something you record so trying to catch up on the BTCC was arduous given the length of the meeting and can't find a way to just jump ahead you have to ffwd through (only affects when you do iptv instead of aerial sourced). Had to resort to the app which does the same but you can at least jump a few races ahead! Annoying, especially as the HD version only on the IPTV not via Aerial.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom