******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
You underestimate my stubbornness. Full dosclosure, I was looking at the Ares last week thinking £200 isn't so bad lol, but then I remembered I won't even pay £6.99 for DLC.

Thing is, I am someone who enjoys the grind for bigger and better stuff in all games. Removing that element kinda kills a lot of the appeal.
Even with my fleet there's still loads of ships I'm missing and have opportunity to grind.

I would say personally when the game launches 1.0 have at least a cutty black to start!

Soldato
Even with my fleet there's still loads of ships I'm missing and have opportunity to grind.

I would say personally when the game launches 1.0 have at least a cutty black to start!

Yeah I'll have something reasonable by then for sure. Also just realised I got @Jay85 C1 mixed up with the A/C/M 2 stuff.

I don't do meta gaming so I just go by 'rule of cool', what I think looks cool trumps what is 'better'.

Last edited:
Soldato
For years I haven't recommended spending more than the basic starter ship. You don't need to and in a way I regret going beyond that (I like to earn up in game).
As much as people saying not to spend money on ships, don't forget this project is is where it is in its current state because of many who bought jpg ships

If no one bought anything from the pledge store, I doubt this project would have survived for this long.

I partly spent money due to supporting cig and of course to fly nice ships!

Last edited:
Soldato
If no one bought anything from the pledge store, I doubt this project would have survived for this long.

I partly spent money due to supporting cig and of course to fly nice ships!
This is the crux of it for me. I played all the Wingcommanders, FreeLancer & StarLancer and wanted a modern version and I remember Chris' vision for FreeLancer but tech and budget/publisher got in the way. SQ42 is what I had always dreamt off when I was a teenager playing Wing Commander 1 on my Amiga 600 and SC the version of FreeLancer.

I've got a modest (by some peoples fleet sizes) set of ships; C1 Spirit as I love the look of it, Vanguard Harbinger, Constellation Taurus and 400i (With LTI). These ships are a mix for when AI crew come out for turret play and when my Son joins me (he has a cutter). I've toyed with the larger sizes but the reality is I don't have the time or people locally (bar my son) that will play the way I want to.

Soldato
OP
Interestingly the reason I tend to avoid the really big ships is me thinking "will I ever actually be able to use this?".

If I can solo/duo a ship fine but others feel like a risky pick.

It's why I prefer the 600i over the Carrack, minimum crew feels more realistic in the 600i.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom