phantex eclipse P400 air D.O.A warning , and small review

Soldato
My computer guy finally had time to build a pc I wanted doing with a mix of old and new parts, but the case, a phantex eclipse p400 air's rgb does not workwith the built in controller, I think it was D.O.A, I've tried to fix it by unplugging, and plugging the sata power cable back in, and even hard reset it , by leaving it unpowered overnight, but the colour changing, and mode changing, just refuses to work, it wouldn't be so bad if at least the rainbow effect would work after a hard reset, but no dice, the fans are just stuck on this random mix of pink/blue, with the top one a mix of red/white, I've given up, and can't send it back because the system is built now

I wish I'd have tested the lights by plugging in the sata first, and checked it worked, but I obviously thought it would work with no problem, being brand new and all
It's still a nice case, the airflow is top notch the front mesh is good,and the the front 3 fans push a lot of air, though you need a lot of fan headers, or fan splitters to make it so,and two extra unsupplied140s in the top finish that off nicely, and there was plenty of room for my guy to work in too, there is a psu removable filter on the bottom, which is good
just a shame the lights don't work, as that is the case's selling point for me really!,
overall, 6/10, would have been 9/10 had the lights worked, shame there was no rear 120 fan included, that would have brought the score up a whole point, so close to a 10/10

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom