Phone Warranty

Associate
When was the last time you needed phone warranty? I noticed some people don't buy imports due to no warranty.

The last time I needed it was when I had the Galaxy S2. I buy a fair share of imported phones and never needed it. So far I've had: Galaxy S10e, K20 Pro, Rog Phone 2, OnePlus 7T and S20.

Soldato
I've had a battery fail (out of warranty) on an iPhone 6s Plus and that's the only time I've had a problem with any device. I've been using mobile phones since they came with Snake installed.

Soldato
My note 10 developed a fault during lockdown with the charge point, man came out in a van and fixed it at home.

I'd 100% not buy a grey import on a Samsung.

Associate
My note 10 developed a fault during lockdown with the charge point, man came out in a van and fixed it at home.

I'd 100% not buy a grey import on a Samsung.

Same problem here, fixed same way. Also had screens replaces on Sony and LG, so will always want warranty as I seem to have been unlucky and used it most years over the past decade between me and family.

You guys that haven't had problems can thank me as I have probably taken more than the average level of broken gear so you don't have to :D

I wouldn't buy imports due to warranty and the fact that they often don't support full bands, that and the fact that they aren't even that cheap for what you loose over official.

Soldato
Can honestly say no, I've not had a failure on a mobile. Last few have all been Samsung devices and they have worked just as well when I've been selling them as they did when I first got them.
However, that still wouldn't make me go and buy a grey import - eventually I'm going to end up with a device that has problems.

Soldato
Touch wood, out of all the phones I've owned over the last 25 years of mobile phone ownership I've had just the one failure, a Sony Z3 & the the fault was that the top of the touch screen had packed up. It was almost 3 years old anyway so I thought time for a new phone.

Associate
my sons Samsung Galaxy S8 had screen burn within the 2 year warranty period and we took it into the Samsung shop and they replaced the screen and fitted a new battery (FOC) as well no questions asked.

Back
Top Bottom