Poll: Poll: Who will win the Premiership?

Who Will Triumph?

• Chelsea

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Man Utd

Votes: 79 50.6%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 16 10.3%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Deadly Ferret said:
Why is Arsenal on the list? :confused:
Wild guess says because they're the last team to have won the title other than the other two clubs mentioned and are the only team with even an outside chance of challenging them.

Soldato
Pretty much agree with the logic behind what your saying CliffyG. Henry maybe a few seasons ago I would have said an absolute yes but at this moment in time im not sure he would give us much more than what we have got. Although on Sunday it was good to see him do a lot of chasing down and tracking back.

Cesc & Gilberto Silva. In their own right they are both exceptionally good players. I would have one out of that two but not both at the expense of Scholes as I think he suits how we are playing more than what the two mentioned would do

A lot of it comes down to systems and the players in it. Arsenal, Chelsea & Utd have the right players to suit their style of play and system. I think we have a lot of balance in the side now that RvN Has gone. Ofc he is scoring a few at Madrid but I dont think we would be where we are if he were still here.

Soldato
cheets64 said:
34 47.89% for MAN U what a joke.

29 40.85% for Chelsea

Dont vote for the team you WANT to win, the team you think will win.

Man U have only won 1 trophy in 2 years and that was the mickey mouse cup.

A leopard never changes it's spots eh? ;)

For the first time in many many years we (Man Utd) have made a fantastic start to the season, in fact it's probably the best start I can remember, also after christmas we usually go on a good run too, so excuse us fans if we think Man Utd can/will win the league. I didn't realise you have to win trophies in previous seasons to be a contender for the current season. In that case Liverpool should have won the league after the CL win.

I am remaining confident, why should I change my stance or support for my team? To follow the crowd... Never. But I think the first sign will take place at the end of the month to who will have the upper hand for a while. It's November anyway, this time last year Chelsea were far ahead and everyone was resigned to accepting them winning it again. This year it's different. :)

Man of Honour
Clerkin said:
should have a 'other' option on that poll.
If you can put someone forward you think might have a chance maybe they'll be added to the poll. The reason there is no other option is because there's no other eventuality.

Man of Honour
Form needs games. I'm 100% confident that Chelsea could still get results if they lost Drogba for a couple of weeks. Sheva, Cole, Robben, Lamps, Ballack... goals there.

The same question could be asked of any team. Chelsea are the best placed to answer that question.

Man of Honour
I just checked the league table on an Everton fan site, and noticed a rather amusing historical score in the bottom corner of the page:

14 November 1931
DIV1 Everton 7 Chelsea 2

Those were the good old days. Bet Dixie Dean was behind a few of the goals. :)

Associate
i think man utd are much more likely to get into the routine of regularly dropping points whilst chelsea don't - they respon well to dropped points etc.

the onus is on man utd to make it a fight - it's a given that chelsea will be right up there, but will man utd make it interesting...

would love it to become a tight run in - a real battle would ensue

Man of Honour
I can't choose anyone 'til after the January window as the Chelsea squad is very weak in key areas and unless it gets strengthened, a couple of long term injuries could be key. We've got plenty of cover in midfield but 2 and a bit CB's and strikers is dodgy.
Losing Cech is a big blow too, CC is good (better than most) but Cech is irreplaceable & a big contribution to our 1-0 wins when we're not playing our best. We've signed Hedman for a year or so, but he's only cover.

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
I can't choose anyone 'til after the January window as the Chelsea squad is very weak in key areas and unless it gets strengthened, a couple of long term injuries could be key. We've got plenty of cover in midfield but 2 and a bit CB's and strikers is dodgy.
Losing Cech is a big blow too, CC is good (better than most) but Cech is irreplaceable & a big contribution to our 1-0 wins when we're not playing our best. We've signed Hedman for a year or so, but he's only cover.
Carlo is an amazing keeper. I'd have him over Dida any day!

Man of Honour
BoomAM said:
Carlo is an amazing keeper. I'd have him over Dida any day!
He is but he's not in Cechs league & he's especially weak on high crosses which is something I didn't realise until JM mentioned it 18 months or so ago.
I'm not disappointed he's playing at all, but Cech is a loss & as such weakens the side:)

Associate
it's been a good season so far for United but December and April will show how much metal this team has.

Random fact: Christiano Ronaldo has hit the post 47 times since joining Man Utd!!!
Imagine of he'd put half of them in last year the gap wouldn't have been so big

Permabanned
Rotty said:
the mancs are playing at ( and beyond ) the peak of their abilities at the moment whereas Chelsea still have loads more to come , can't see how anyone will beat Chelsea to the title

Agreed
Chelsea have been relatively poor until the last couple of weeks yet are only 3 points behind the Mancs,who have played out of their skin for most of the season.I can't see them keeping it up til May,if they do ,then fair do's they'd deserve the title (but i wouldn't tell them that ;) )

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
He is but he's not in Cechs league & he's especially weak on high crosses which is something I didn't realise until JM mentioned it 18 months or so ago.
I'm not disappointed he's playing at all, but Cech is a loss & as such weakens the side:)
Cech isnt the wonder keeper people think he is. But he is very good. :)
I dont personally think that having Carlo in his place for the next however many months will cause Chelsea to suffer as much as everyone thinks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom