Prusa mk4 vs Bambu Lab X1 (or Carbon)

Associate
Yes for context, I am a beginner though looking to test and print a lot of things for my board games. I was advised I was better of taking my files and going to a print farm, even for test bits.

Does anyone have experience with print farms and is that the go-to? Pros and cons of this?

Else. Out of the two above, which seems to be similar in price, which would you go for? I heard a lot of praise, nonstop praise for the Prusa however. I'm personally leaning towards the Bambu.

I'm looking to print a lot of board game cases etc which require a 225x225 minimum base and the Prusa is around 230x210 which is not big enough. However, that doesn't deter me from getting one should that be the better one to get.

Soldato
you're going to want a large format printer for that size, an ender 5 will JUST fit that (if you remove the limiters) but would fit nicely on an ender 5 plus.

Soldato
A P1S will do prints that large and with a 0.2 nozzle on 0,08mm layers will get great results for miniatures without any of the issues that come with resin.

Associate
OP
General consensus is to save your money and get a P1S with ams. Have a look on Reddit
Yes. I ended up reading a lot about P1S and P1P for a lot less. More swaying towards the P1P just because a bit more future-proofing in case I want to print with different materials.

I've noticed a lot of PLA direct from Bambu is out of stock so need to see about alternatives.

Soldato
Better than resin? I had the impression that resin was the go-to if doing figures etc.
It won't be better, but it'll be pretty damned good and with a lot less mucking about. Have a google for Bambus with a 0.2 nozzle doing miniatures. There will be plenty of videos and photos to look at.

I've noticed a lot of PLA direct from Bambu is out of stock so need to see about alternatives.
Yeah its been poor from them tbh. Though even Sunlu have also got limited stock on their own website and ebay shop.

Last edited:
Associate
One thing to bear in mind with the X1/P1 series is the max print area on 256x256x256 is only possible with modification to the printer and slicer settings due to the location of the filament cutter, doing so prevents you using the ams. Stock its 238x228x250 *IF* you print a cube/rectangle, otherwise for irregular shapes your missing a 18x28x256 section of your build area.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes. I ended up reading a lot about P1S and P1P for a lot less. More swaying towards the P1P just because a bit more future-proofing in case I want to print with different materials.

All I have ever run through my Bambu X1C is either Sunlu or Esun pla+ with perfect results, if you get a Bambu machine with an AMS unit one thing to bear in mind is that cardboard spools are to be avoided plastic ones are fine.

Associate
if you get a Bambu machine with an AMS unit one thing to bear in mind is that cardboard spools are to be avoided plastic ones are fine.
Compressed card spools can have their edges wrapped with electrical tape for use in the ams. I've used elegoo pla pretty much exclusively without any ill effects, just make sure you weight the spool down when its getting close to empty to prevent it being lifted off the rollers when feeding.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
3DQF based in Manchester have started doing AMS compatible filaments. Good price too only £17.99 delivered.

Soldato
3DQF based in Manchester have started doing AMS compatible filaments. Good price too only £17.99 delivered.

Good to know, I'm considering an A1 combo if it ever comes into stock.

Back
Top Bottom