Quality of Razor mice?

Associate
Fair few comments on SteelSeries in this thread, interesting as not a lot of talk about their mice on YT I find. Decent deals pop up (bit like CoolerMaster)

I am considering buy a DAv3 wired to see if the new tech feels better in modern mice

Soldato
had a couple o Razor mice but tbh dont find they have great build quality, they dont seem to last that long, the wireless ones anyway, last 2 razor wireless mice have had issues with the battery dept, saying they are dead but they aint by far, surprisingly i find Logitech Lightspeed last better and are more reliable

Soldato
Had a razer ultimate viper v1 for a few years now no issues battery life good too and I've dropped it a few times and working fine only issue is the rubber pads on the side are worn down

Unfortunately they've managed to make a less appealing mouse with the v2 so try that at you're own peril haha

Associate
I thought my three year old Basilisk V2 was on it's way out the other day when it kept disconnecting (wired). It would be an intermittent one or two second disconnect then reconnect accompanied by that usb disconnect sound. Hooked it up to my laptop and no disconnects whatsoever. So i uninstalled Synapse on my PC and used Signal RGB instead. So far so good and something i should have done ages ago!

Last edited:
Associate
I thought my three year old Basilisk V2 was on it's way out the other day when it kept disconnecting (wired). It would be an intermittent one or two second disconnect then reconnect accompanied by that usb disconnect sound. Hooked it up to my laptop and no disconnects whatsoever. So i uninstalled Synapse on my PC and used Signal RGB instead. So far so good and something i should have done ages ago!
Correction.... Still disconnects. I have run driver updates and numerous tweaks to make it work but to no avail. So far my old Logitech G402 works... for now...

Associate
I've had a few Razer products over the years, but honestly they feel seriously cheap now. Now I have a Deathadder as spare and a Tartarus Pro but I genuinely don't use them much at all, they feel cheap and uncomfortable to me now.

I am now a Logitech fanboy, I use a MX Master 2 for work, my gaming mouse is a G502 X Plus and I have a G Pro that I switch to. I use the wireless mouse charging mat and I'm on the look out for a good TKL linear switch Logitech keyboard (if only they did this).

Audio wise, I just returned a Leviathan soundbar (without the sub) as the sound was not fantastic and it felt incredibly cheap. Doubt I'll be looking at Razer stuff again.

Soldato
I've got a viper v2 pro, love it, been the best performing yet.

Next time I will be trying elsewhere tho, maybe something like a endgame or something similar

Soldato
I've wanted to try out Razer mice but the problem is I only buy a new mouse ever 5 years and for the last 15 years I've always bought Logitech

I did get an Asus mouse once as part of a free bundle with a GPU, but it's was super crap so I gave it away for free

Last edited:
Soldato
I've wanted to try out Razer mice but the problem is I only buy a new mouse ever 5 years and for the last 15 years I've always bought Logitech

I did get an Asus mouse once as part of a free bundle with a GPU, but it's was super crap so I gave it away for free
I've been very pleased with Steelseries.

Associate
Found the battery in my Basilisk is poor these days, have to charge it every couple of days regardless of use.

My dock also doesn’t work anymore or doesn’t seem to charge my mouse when docked.

Can they be replaced?

Last edited:
Soldato
My naga trinity has just about died. Clicks gone dodgy.

Not sure whether to bother trying to repair it or just go with a new brand?

In last six months my razer headset keyboard and mouse have all kicked the bucket.

The headset was in warranty at least. Kinda wishing I'd just sold the replacement on eBay instead of opening them now.

Soldato
I've gone through a few gaming mice. They all wear out after a few years and buttons stop working. I think 3 have been Razor mice. A Corsair one lasted the longest.

Yet I have a cheap Dell mouse at work which has lasted forever, used all day 5 days a week. It's had so much use the texture has worn smooth. My solution: Just use a cheap Dell mouse at home too :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
I've gone through a few gaming mice. They all wear out after a few years and buttons stop working. I think 3 have been Razor mice. A Corsair one lasted the longest.

Yet I have a cheap Dell mouse at work which has lasted forever, used all day 5 days a week. It's had so much use the texture has worn smooth. My solution: Just use a cheap Dell mouse at home too :D
Start playing CS2 at work ;)

Soldato
So ive been holding off from replacing my naga trinity as long as I can but its just about FUBAR now.

I absolutely cannot choose a brand to go with.

I absolutely refuse to give razer another penny ever again, but I've also had multiple issues with mice from logitech, corsair and RAT. Whatever I buy seems to last 3 years and then goes iffy.

Is there a standout brand above all the rest or are they all just built with cheap crap now?

I think im going to learn to desolder and solder and swap the buttons out on my trinity myself instead.

Back
Top Bottom